Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: aftermarket rev box? pro's and cons

aftermarket rev box? pro's and cons

I have an 03 400ex with FMF TI 4 slip on jetted to 42 pilot and 158 main and K&N filter and slip with no lid. It runs great
    I've been thinking about getting an aftermarket rev box. What are the pros and cons to them?
    Lou

pros- makes it so your bike revs higher
    cons- you dont need it unless you do something to your bike that would make it continue to make power after your stock revlimiter stops you, i've heard starting problems too

there has NEVER been a start issue with my GTThunderand I have raced in temps in the teens...... Im VERY pleased with it..... Its been a great addition after my others mods were added
    http://qjsimaging.com/

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

2008 Raptor 250 BUILD IN PROGRESS!
    Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play
    ASV,Motoworks,QuadTech,Streamline,
    RockyMountain ATV,Powermadd,Les Schwab,QJ's Imaging

Originally posted by QuadJunkies
    there has NEVER been a start issue with my GTThunderand I have raced in temps in the teens...... Im VERY pleased with it..... Its been a great addition after my others mods were added
    if you get one , get the GTThunder rev box like Quadjunkies has, they seem to be the best and dont have the problems like other do about being hard to start in the cold.

I have heard nothing but good things about GTThunder rev box. If you go to ********.com Laz is on there all the time and he will tell you everything you want to know.
    Michael Summers
    GNCC Open A #835
    05 450r
    2006 sponsors:
    q u a d z o n e.com AIM Performance Suspensions, IMS, Fasst co, Motul, White Brothers, Six Six One, Powermadd, Smith, Hinson, Rx chains, Magura, Braking.
    AIM: kyex40047

WhiteZeex [10:17 PM]: id come chill with buddy in the hambunger house.....

Yep, GT Thunder and TC are the only boxes to consider....
    -Paul

**Full TC 426cc national kit (rebuilt, back in business)**

-13:1 JE piston, national port+polish, lightened flywheel, port matched carb boot, TC 924 MX cam, TC hi rev CDI, oversize head stud kit, CRF cam chain, Carrillo HD rod, Sparks X-6 exhaust, FST auxillary oil cooler, PEP shocks, Laeger's +3 A-arms, JB Racing +1.25 swingarm, LSR axle, RPM tapered carrier, blue Maier plastic, Quadtech hood, Nacs graphics, seat cover, case saver, bar clamps etc, Renthal CR-Hi bend bars, Arens stem, Pro Design Pro Flow kit w/K&N, Outerwears airbox, snorkel hole + filter covers, RAD locknut, PEP E-Z pull clutch lever, Steel Braided brake lines, Razr MX tires, Douglas rims, Pro Armor nerfs, AC bumper, Rath seat latch, Motion Pro cables, WB e-brake block off, DID X-ring chain, Sidewinder sprockets, probably some more Im forgetting...

R.I.P Kelly Chang

I know of someone who has had some possible issues from running a White Brothers on hers... I don not reccomend that box, and besides, I hear they are a beiotch to get started....

kyex40047 is right. Laz will taked the time to tell you what you need to know

-2002 Duncan 440ex-
    Yoshimura full system,JE piston(12:1),Stage 2 Hot Cam,Port,polish, +3 Chrome Burgards AArms ,Elka Suspension -Triple rate front and Rear,GT Thunder Rev Box,,Pro Armour Nerfs,Burgard beadlock rears,Orange Fullbore,Chrome Tank cover,Candy Purple PC,Blingstar Dana Creech Bumper

2007 Suzuki LTR450
    FOX Shocks, JB Racing A-Arms, Silver Maier plastic, Quad Tech Seat Cover, BRM Offroad race numbers

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Teixeira Tech,DWT, Fasstco Co., Maxima oils, Scott USA, Renthal, ODI, FLY Racing,Western Powersports, Promoto Billet, FOX Shocks,Maier Plastics,ODI,Rath Racing,ATV4-play

Originally posted by QuadJunkies
    mind if i ask how much money the gt thunder ran you?
    2002 400ex
    Burgard,PEP,AC,K&N,White Bros,Pro Taper,Duncan,Maier,Cycra,ITP,Radial,RPM,Galfer,Pro Design,Scott
    SOLD

1988 250x
    Renthal,Acerbis,Tamers,Radials,Burgard,Douglas,+2a rms,Stream line,Uni,DMC,Duncan,Moose,Weisco, White Bros

check your PM

-2002 Duncan 440ex-

2007 Suzuki LTR450

Thank you 2010 Sponsors
    and Contributers!!

Ya will u tell me how much ur gt thunder was and where u got it please.
    BEWARE OF ADAM MILLER HE IS A THIEF

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast