Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help me 400ex or the Z400

Please help me 400ex or the Z400

Ok you guys i need help ...i want both but can only have one...
    soooooo which whould i go with ...400ex or z400...i was think about the Z because its liquid cooled and more race ready ... but i was also thinking that the 400ex was air cooled so it wouldnt run for very long very good how long could i run it and still perform well... and how good is the new Z...How fast does the Z400 go..and how fast does the 400ex go...?

please help

z400 or 400ex

i had a z400 for a year and the timing chain stretched and suzuki would do nothing,,,,so i bought a new 400ex...that will last more than 1 year!!!!!!!!!
    keith

and on speed i believe 400ex 70
    Z 400 73
    2002 400ex
    Lonestar Parking brake block off
    K&N Airfilter w/outer wear
    K&N Oil Filter
    Renthal Bars,Renthal Grips
    PRM .125 A-ARM and Full Chasis Skids
    PRM .190 Swing arm Skid
    ITP Holeshot 6 PLY XCR'S
    Woody Graphics
    Throttle Jockey seat cover
    Big Gun CDI
    NGK plug
    HMF Full Exhaust
    DynoJet Jet Kit
    RPM twin row carrier
    White Brothers Schock Wears
    Ride Red or Dont Ride!

i have a 03 400ex and i can ride all day and it always performes all day

68-69mph for the ex, a couple more for the z. i've ridden my friends z and my cousins z and to me it feels like they like to be winded a bit more high. they dont have the umph torque that my ex has. i kick their asses in tight technical trails and we are pretty much equal riders. i was in the same place you are, and i chose the ex for the low end, the aircooled (just another thing that i dont have to worry about) and the looks. the z is a great machine but isnt what i was after.

never had a problem with my ex overheating, and i've done a lot of slow trail stuff for a long time in the woods.

400exxxxxxxxxxxx
    2002 400ex
    Burgard,PEP,AC,K&N,White Bros,Pro Taper,Duncan,Maier,Cycra,ITP,Radial,RPM,Galfer,Pro Design,Scott
    SOLD

1988 250x
    Renthal,Acerbis,Tamers,Radials,Burgard,Douglas,+2a rms,Stream line,Uni,DMC,Duncan,Moose,Weisco, White Bros

i say the 400EX. Parts are more readily available, many parts are interchangable off other quads such as the 250r, and its a HONDA.
    Tyler Jones

2000 426EX, 11:1 wiseco, hot cams stage 3 "stroker" cam, Ported head done by Dr. G, FCR 41, Hot rods crank, running no base gasket, 1 layer of 3 layer head gasket, Klotz 113 race fuel Feather carbon smoothie hood, works tripples w/ressies, Black HMF slip on, AC pro peg nerfs, Azonic fat bars, burgaurd +1 1/4" swinger, Lonestar +1 stem, douglas yellow label front wheels, Pro Armor front bumper, + some others goodies

AIM: Fourtrax426

Holeshot Motorsports Wilder, KY
    for all aftermarket parts

400EX all the way man...

The Z400 is the WORST, most UNRELIABLE bike ever built in ATV history!!!!! I know first hand since 2 of my friends have them....
    -Paul

**Full TC 426cc national kit (rebuilt, back in business)**

-13:1 JE piston, national port+polish, lightened flywheel, port matched carb boot, TC 924 MX cam, TC hi rev CDI, oversize head stud kit, CRF cam chain, Carrillo HD rod, Sparks X-6 exhaust, FST auxillary oil cooler, PEP shocks, Laeger's +3 A-arms, JB Racing +1.25 swingarm, LSR axle, RPM tapered carrier, blue Maier plastic, Quadtech hood, Nacs graphics, seat cover, case saver, bar clamps etc, Renthal CR-Hi bend bars, Arens stem, Pro Design Pro Flow kit w/K&N, Outerwears airbox, snorkel hole + filter covers, RAD locknut, PEP E-Z pull clutch lever, Steel Braided brake lines, Razr MX tires, Douglas rims, Pro Armor nerfs, AC bumper, Rath seat latch, Motion Pro cables, WB e-brake block off, DID X-ring chain, Sidewinder sprockets, probably some more Im forgetting...

R.I.P Kelly Chang

id go with the EX.....only because the Z has a horrible frame id be afraid to even ride on a track....and the EX is a solid thats proved it self time and time again.....
    NEATV-MX #51.
    06 Walsh/LSR/Axis 450R - Gone
    07 Walsh/JB/PEP 450R - Gone
    07 Gibson/JB/PEP 450R - Gone

400EX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    reliable. has reverse now andnew plastics. I never had a problem overheting or riding all day.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast