Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: got my c&d revalve... lots of pics

got my c&d revalve... lots of pics

Well guys, i got my shocks back today and got them installed. the back was kind of a pain since i was working by myself but all in all it wasn't bad.
    anyhow, i took it for a small ride but nothing that could tell me how the shocks are really going to perform. i tried to hit a few bumps but in the small field there was nothing that could really test out how the shocks are going to work. However, I did notice the lower center of gravity immediately. I spun the quad around a few times and could tell it felt alot more stable. The only thing I found strange was when installing them i couldn't figure out why i wasnt lined up correctly. well the shocks will actually twist on themselves. i dont know if they all do that or if its just the way the ssd springs work. is this just the springs turning on the body and no big deal? i just made sure they were lined up the same and put them on. Also, i doubt c&d is online tonight so if anyone has these, how do you adjust the front height ? just curioius.
    anyhow here are a bunch of pics. sorry i was in a hurry and they arent the best quality

Looks very nice, if you dont mind me asking how much did the entire revalve cost and what was the turn around time (not that it matters)? Im interested in getting this done myself

Thanks

u cant ajust the front height because it was ajusted with preload and u dont have preload any more. the shocks look great telll how they work some of us are interesed in them too.
    2003 Rm125
    2004 MX Trx450R-
    -Special thanks 2006 sponsors-
    Mom and Dad, Factory effex, Scott USA, 661, Renthal, Acerbis,ICAt, Universal engineering, Fcr Suspension, Gaerne Boots

"theres only 2 kind of riders, the ones who have crashed and the ones who r gonna crash"

I'm not entirely sure but i think the advantage of a zero preload shock is being able to adjust ride height without losing travel. once again i'm not entirely sure but I will find out more after the holidays

those shocks looks good I can't wait till I get mine back. How long did it take for you to get yours back?

Originally posted by jeepnrocks
    I'm not entirely sure but i think the advantage of a zero preload shock is being able to adjust ride height without losing travel. once again i'm not entirely sure but I will find out more after the holidays
    i dont want to sound like an *******, but you bought this shock rebuild and dont understand how the zps system works? your front shocks are no longer adjustable, and judging by the small amount of travel the rear shock comes with, that zps spring will cut down on that even more....
    04 honda 450r

Originally posted by WhiteZee
    i dont want to sound like an *******, but you bought this shock rebuild and dont understand how the zps system works? your front shocks are no longer adjustable, and judging by the small amount of travel the rear shock comes with, that zps spring will cut down on that even more....

The front shocks are still adjustable, compression and rebound. My rear shock was rebuilt by TCS which I will venture to say is pretty similar to the C&D rebuild. You don't lose any travel. My shock stops when it hits the bumper. How would a spring, small or large, cut down on travel?

i dont want to sound like an *******
    Too late.
    from what i read abot zero preload, you can adjust ride height without losing travel .

quote is from zrider400
    this is what Colby from C&D racing told me for adjusting ride height.

"If you were to remove the springs you will notice that the cross overs are different length. You can switch them around it will change the ride height."

Actually the rear is not a zps,just the front.The rear is a dual rate(note the preload adjusting collar and rings are still there).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast