Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new flywheel???

new flywheel???

do any of you know about an aftermarket flywheel for my 440ex...any places where i can go to find this?? any info would help alot thanks!!
    Quad Squad!!

Ride like you stole it!

04 - TRX450R
    Red with black frame and wheels
    Pro-Tect Stainless swinger skid, grab bar, bumper
    PRM belly and a-arm skids
    14/39 Gearing - Sidewinder Ti-moly
    HMF Ballance Pro
    GT Thunder link & revalve
    Hotcam Stage 2
    Trail Tech weighted flywheel
    Fasst Flexx bars
    Trail tech mount
    ASV clutch w/ Works hot start add on
    Hiper wheels
    Holeshot HD's

Thanks Merrill-Stone Racing

do either one of these places make them for a 400ex? i saw them for the 450's but not the 400ex.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

i'm not sure. if you don't see anything on their website you might have to give them a call.
    04 - TRX450R
    Red with black frame and wheels
    Pro-Tect Stainless swinger skid, grab bar, bumper
    PRM belly and a-arm skids
    14/39 Gearing - Sidewinder Ti-moly
    HMF Ballance Pro
    GT Thunder link & revalve
    Hotcam Stage 2
    Trail Tech weighted flywheel
    Fasst Flexx bars
    Trail tech mount
    ASV clutch w/ Works hot start add on
    Hiper wheels
    Holeshot HD's

Thanks Merrill-Stone Racing

Don't think there's any aftermarket ones. Since they are a little on the hefty side from the factory, you could just have yours lightened if thats what you're looking for.
    Mods: Big Gun FS w/MM quiet core, no lid , K&N, FCR41, 11.3:1 440 and Web 479 cam, porting, no choke. Works TRS fronts & Ultracross rear shock, a few other goodies
    450R,250EX, Blaster, Banshee

Originally posted by MIKE400EX
    Don't think there's any aftermarket ones. Since they are a little on the hefty side from the factory, you could just have yours lightened if thats what you're looking for.
    Some people get flywheel wieghts for more tourqe.
    2006 White Suzuki LTR450 - Cherry Bomb - SOLD

97' BMW ///M3

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360918

E-mail - fastandthefurious67(at)msn.com

Take it to a machine shop and get it lightened. I think they can take 4 to 6 onces off. Gives you a bit more snap. I never heard of just putting a aftermarket one on.

For a lighter one you need to have it machined down, for a heavier one you'd have to have a weight ring made and attached. There's no aftermarket ones to my limited knowledge.
    Mods: Big Gun FS w/MM quiet core, no lid , K&N, FCR41, 11.3:1 440 and Web 479 cam, porting, no choke. Works TRS fronts & Ultracross rear shock, a few other goodies

can you just swap flywheels? here is where i am going. i put a lightened one on my bike and it is noticable slower. when comparing the flywheels side to side, they aren't exactly the same. if you line the groove up where the key on the crank goes, the T marks on the flywheels are in different locations. does this cause problems?
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

I've never noticed the "T" markings being noticeably different in position. There shouldn't be that much mfg. tolerance. Was one of your flywheels re-stamped after machining? Maybe there's one from another motor that fits and is close enough to mix up.
    If you can, check the timing trigger and see if they're in the same spot - maybe you got a "free" ignition timing change, that's why your 4 wheeler slowed down.

You can always put an indicator in the plug hole and find the true TDC, then mark your flywheel for future reference. It's a lot easier with the head off though. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast