Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XR 400 cam update

Talking XR 400 cam update

I dropped my xr400 cam from marcum's in this weekend and got it broke in. I'm going riding tonight, so I'll have a better feel for the diffrence. As far as I can tell it rev's quite a bit faster and has enough power to wellie well into 3rd gear. I'll post more tonight after I get back.
    Mods: K&N, Jets (42 pilot 172 main and needle raised), No air box lid, TC Racing GNCC Cam, JE 425 11:1 piston, Big Gun full exhaust, PRM skids, Renthal Bars, DG alloy nerfs, Custom Grab Bar, 22x11" RAZOR 6 ply's, 20" Sand Skate 2s, 18x11" Tamers, Hoosiers and A whole can of Whoopass.

http://65.121.190.196/scott/index.html

FOR SALE! g/f's pregnant...... Wifes Pissed!

Hey when we finally heading to the hills???
    Ive finally broke my bike in from the 416 but im sure youve read my post about how it ran at the dunes this past weekend.
    Im in need of desperate help with my jetting. Im anxious to see how you like that cam. I think thats my next investment. Let me know where you gained and lost with it.
    Rhan

Hey FlyinRed! Let us know what changes the XR cam made to the off-idle and low end power. Did you put the quiet core in your silencer? Thanks!

Smile

I didn't get to go riding last night due to a "friend" not calling me back. Rahn if you want to go riding after work, I get home at about 6:30. We could jet up to Victor Falls (orting) for a couple of hours. As far as jetting goes, just look at my signature. I think it's a little too much (plug was black) before the cam, but with your mods it might be just right. It only stumbles when you stab it at idle. a little slower thumb motion and the thing screams. And that was before the cam. I also heard a rumor about a small weekend trip to Florence this weekend. I'll check on that tonight.
    Mods: K&N, Jets (42 pilot 172 main and needle raised), No air box lid, TC Racing GNCC Cam, JE 425 11:1 piston, Big Gun full exhaust, PRM skids, Renthal Bars, DG alloy nerfs, Custom Grab Bar, 22x11" RAZOR 6 ply's, 20" Sand Skate 2s, 18x11" Tamers, Hoosiers and A whole can of Whoopass.

Where is Orting can you ride?

Can you give directions to victor falls? I would love to be albe to ride after work some times. Since i work in federal Way it would be very close.

Smile Blackguyona.........Is that some kind of lizard?

Just kidding.
    I sat down to write you the directions and just plain can't visualize it. If you want to go one night let me knowa day in advance and I'll meet you at the Chevron in Alderton. The day in advance is for loading the Quad, and having gear and Gas ready.
    Sorry I can't be more help. I'll go get some coffffffeeeeee.

FlyinRed>> How do you like the XR400 cam in your motor? Where did it help? I've got basically the same combination - less the cam and am very interested. Thanks in advance!
    Mods: Big Gun FS w/MM quiet core, no lid , K&N, FCR41, 11.3:1 440 and Web 479 cam, porting, no choke. Works TRS fronts & Ultracross rear shock, a few other goodies
    450R,250EX, Blaster, Banshee

Talking It's about time.

I get to go riding Saturday and Sunday, so I'll have a report about how the cam did.

Hey Rhan69, you still interested in riding Sunday? I found a private track and my cousin and I are going sunday to clean it up, then tear it up.:devil

FlyinRed -

This might help:

When I went with the 450/451 webcam in my 416, I also got that quick bog when stabbing the throttle (clears up almost as soon as it happens). Other than that, it was jetted perfectly.

All I did was remove the accelerator pump linkage (a flat plate) from the side of the carb (under the black cover). It appears that the new cam/engine doesn't care for the extra squirt of fuel that stock 400's like.

To remove: This linkage is just attached with one screw - a simple removal. Plus, it's just as easy to put back on if it doesn't solve the problem.

ogre

Talking FINALLY

Rode yesterday with Rahd69 and Blackguyona400 and the cam rocks! My advice, DO IT DO IT DO IT! I have a 14 tooth front sprocket and 22" rears and I'm going back to the 15 now. I might ba looking for a 16 now due to my paddles being 20" Th bike rapps out much faster and I don't think any place in the rev band suffered. Regular mild ridding is still the great 400 we like, but grab a gear and talk about wheel speed.:devil I think the thing is fast. Maybe Rahdw69 and Blackguyona400 will get on here and talk a little about what they thought. This was deffinatly worth the $120 from Marcums. Even if you dont do the XR400, do something. I don't think dealing with hardfacing is worth it, but get something.:devil

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast