Thread: 450r timming chain fit 400ex

450r timming chain fit 400ex

building a 2005 400ex strocker with 416 bore do i need to use a heavy duty cam chain and sprockets ,also using a hot cam 2,i was told 450r s will fit and its heavy duty any body know for sure
    thanks for any help joe ps 2005 400ex has reverse....

CRF dirtbike chain is what you need not the TRX chain, and yes I would recommend a new heavy duty cam chain.

I would also recommend an 8 plate clutch setup and new stronger basket of your choice..

A strong motor and weak clutch don't mix to good.
    2001 Honda 416SS with a powerbong

crf cam chain and sprockets or just the chain thanks joe

i just used the chain. the sprockets are prolly totally different, and for sure geared differently.
    2005 YAMAHA YFZ450
    +2 HOUSER aarms and steering stem flag, Elka front shocks, LSR axle, Dr. D slip-on, cam mod, AC nerfs and bumper, pro-design kill switch, Pro-Taper bars, One Industries graphics kit, pro-design case saver, PEP chain roller relocator, ebrake blockoff, Zip-ty fuel screw, carbon fiber brake rezzy relocator, 400ex throttle, a lil pc'ing and polishing

rear shock rebuild soon

172main, 48pilot, 35 leak, 6th position on stock needle, 2.5 turns out, and a brown spark plug!!

Chain only...

haven't checked but i would beileve the CRF and TRX to have the same chain. not positive though
    04 - TRX450R
    Red with black frame and wheels
    Pro-Tect Stainless swinger skid, grab bar, bumper
    PRM belly and a-arm skids
    14/39 Gearing - Sidewinder Ti-moly
    HMF Ballance Pro
    GT Thunder link & revalve
    Hotcam Stage 2
    Trail Tech weighted flywheel
    Fasst Flexx bars
    Trail tech mount
    ASV clutch w/ Works hot start add on
    Hiper wheels
    Holeshot HD's

Thanks Merrill-Stone Racing

I put a CRF dirtbike cam chain in my 440ex and I also bought a new 400ex cam sprocket just to be safe.

I would also recommend an 8 plate clutch setup and new stronger basket of your choice..
    Rico were did you get your cluch kit from??
    1989 250r, LRD silencer, Delta v-force reeds, Keihin 40.5mm PWK carb, k&n air filter, custom air shrouds, ESR 350pv big Bore cylinder, ESR head, ESR trx11 pipe, Janssen Racing Basket, AC front bumper, +4 swingarm, tag bars, Elka shocks

Wife's bike:2005 TRX450r.... Full system Yoshimura tri-oval, Hrc kit, K&N air filter

Originally posted by twisted threads

Rico were did you get your cluch kit from??
    Sparks Racing, GT THunder also offers the 8 plate setup. IT's a LOT better than stock and was money well spent.

Originally posted by Rico
    Sparks Racing, GT THunder also offers the 8 plate setup. IT's a LOT better than stock and was money well spent.
    Sounds like Im going to get one of those because my 440 will eat up stock cluches if you let it.
    1989 250r, LRD silencer, Delta v-force reeds, Keihin 40.5mm PWK carb, k&n air filter, custom air shrouds, ESR 350pv big Bore cylinder, ESR head, ESR trx11 pipe, Janssen Racing Basket, AC front bumper, +4 swingarm, tag bars, Elka shocks

Wife's bike:2005 TRX450r.... Full system Yoshimura tri-oval, Hrc kit, K&N air filter