Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: tire question

tire question

which tires are better for trail riding: razor 2's, or holeshot HD's

ive never rode on holeshots but razr 2's up front and razr1's in the back are awesome
    04 450r-Hiper-Houser-G-Force-White Brothers-Tag-Kenda-AC-Quad Tech-Powermadd-Sunstar-Modquad-Trail Tech-Pro Armor-UNI-Pro Grip-All Balls-Moose-ITP

97 300ex-parting out, pm me if you need parts

this is my turf bfrank, get off here... jk. I been thinkin, I might sell you those GNCC rears if you still want em, but I wanna keep the wheels. I think the only difference is gonna be cost and weight between the HD/RZRs. Razors weigh a little more, but prolly not enough to make a difference.

HD's are heavier than Razr2's. Also the sidewall on the HD is very thin, even though it is a 6-ply tire. The HD's hook up well, but be prepared to put a few plugs in the sidewall if you do any aggressive riding.

not bein a smart a**, just curious... both of them are 6-ply, the razors have a thicker sidewall, which is what lead me to assume the razor would be heavier. If they are made up of the same compound, and the razors have just a little thicker sidewall, what is it that makes the HD heavier?

HOLESHOT GNCC'S!!!
    20's in the rear, 21's in front!
    2009 Yamaha YFZ450
    RocketRonRacing, SlyFoxMX

Originally posted by Pappy
    The thought of your future spawn frightens me.

Well, I don't know

heres my input :

i have used holeshots in the past...all got sidewall punctures.

i run maxxis razr2 fronts in 23"6 ply and either grooved razr 6 ply or razr2 rears both in 20" 6 ply

the regular razr 6 plys hook better than razr2s in my opinion in dirt ,and when grooved are even better. but they are prone to sidewall damage . not as bad as itp holeshots but enough to be annoying.

the raz2 rears are a little more prone to spinning in wet grass and wet clay conditions but are better in mud than regular razrs are. but....they are super durable as far as wear in rocks,road,sidewall punctures have never happened to me on razr2 rears..ever. im pretty hard on tires too. with good suspension and a precision i hit stuff head on and go!

keep an eye out for the maxxis ballance tire to come out for gncc soon. im gonna get a set and see how they stack-up.
    2003 SUZUKI Z400 - +2 burgards 250r arms,front 450r revalves,gtthunder rear revalve and link,434 kit,hotcams,ferrea valves, dyna cdi,yoshi full system,flexx bars,powermadds,shamrock front,yellow label rear beadlocks,roll pegs,roll heel guards,400ex intake,450r tailight,190 fan switch,burgard swinger,rpm axle,250r rear caliper,anti-fade, kfx450 reverse thingy, it hauls and looks pretty too!!!

03 yamaha fz1 -*** rippin sport-tour bike

this may be a dumb question, but whats the purpose of running a front tire thats so much bigger than the rear

for ease of rolling over logs,undercut creek banks,big rocks,guys who are stuck with 21" front tires,etc. IT WORKS GREAT !!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 SUZUKI Z400 - +2 burgards 250r arms,front 450r revalves,gtthunder rear revalve and link,434 kit,hotcams,ferrea valves, dyna cdi,yoshi full system,flexx bars,powermadds,shamrock front,yellow label rear beadlocks,roll pegs,roll heel guards,400ex intake,450r tailight,190 fan switch,burgard swinger,rpm axle,250r rear caliper,anti-fade, kfx450 reverse thingy, it hauls and looks pretty too!!!

03 yamaha fz1 -*** rippin sport-tour bike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast