Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: most competitive motor bore

most competitive motor bore

next season im racing and i wanna kno what bore i should get so that 450s aint smoking me in the straghts n what not....what kind?what size? what all to get? also its for mx
    2002 400ex
    Burgard,PEP,AC,K&N,White Bros,Pro Taper,Duncan,Maier,Cycra,ITP,Radial,RPM,Galfer,Pro Design,Scott
    SOLD

1988 250x
    Renthal,Acerbis,Tamers,Radials,Burgard,Douglas,+2a rms,Stream line,Uni,DMC,Duncan,Moose,Weisco, White Bros

Drop in a CRF 450 motor

Originally posted by 400exrider707
    Drop in a CRF 450 motor
    thought bout that but thats big bucks
    1) buy motor around 2 grand or more
    2) jb to do my frame to acept it - around 800
    3) radiatior for it - ???????

i was thinking motor work lik a 440 or 460 would be about 1500
    2002 400ex
    Burgard,PEP,AC,K&N,White Bros,Pro Taper,Duncan,Maier,Cycra,ITP,Radial,RPM,Galfer,Pro Design,Scott
    SOLD

1988 250x
    Renthal,Acerbis,Tamers,Radials,Burgard,Douglas,+2a rms,Stream line,Uni,DMC,Duncan,Moose,Weisco, White Bros

go with a 460 like me
    JOHN
    New Jersey Devils

2008 YFZ 450...my new money pit

Filthy Revengence Racing

C&D Racing
    B&K Performance

Click here to email me
    AIM Devilsfan12

i got a 04 with a 440 just installed with port work and cam, carb , pipe , intake , plastics done for bout 2100 bucks.. i just cant tell if it has mor epower than a 40 cuz i havea yfz im use to rideing and going backt he 400 feels weird.. they guy said it should run with a 450 without a doubt... i got another 30 min or so before the rings set so i cant get on yet lol ill let ya know how it does in caparision to a 450
    2005 yfz 450 LE
    2005 yzf-r6 LE
    2005 Ford f-250 LE
    2004 kawasaki stx-r 1200 ski

I would build a 426 it has alot of torgue and will rev really fast. If you are going to keep up with the new 450's you need torgue and a motor that spinns really fast.
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
    I would build a 426 it has alot of torgue and will rev really fast. If you are going to keep up with the new 450's you need torgue and a motor that spinns really fast.
    I second that reccomendation...
    -Paul

**Full TC 426cc national kit (rebuilt, back in business)**

-13:1 JE piston, national port+polish, lightened flywheel, port matched carb boot, TC 924 MX cam, TC hi rev CDI, oversize head stud kit, CRF cam chain, Carrillo HD rod, Sparks X-6 exhaust, FST auxillary oil cooler, PEP shocks, Laeger's +3 A-arms, JB Racing +1.25 swingarm, LSR axle, RPM tapered carrier, blue Maier plastic, Quadtech hood, Nacs graphics, seat cover, case saver, bar clamps etc, Renthal CR-Hi bend bars, Arens stem, Pro Design Pro Flow kit w/K&N, Outerwears airbox, snorkel hole + filter covers, RAD locknut, PEP E-Z pull clutch lever, Steel Braided brake lines, Razr MX tires, Douglas rims, Pro Armor nerfs, AC bumper, Rath seat latch, Motion Pro cables, WB e-brake block off, DID X-ring chain, Sidewinder sprockets, probably some more Im forgetting...

R.I.P Kelly Chang

Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
    thanks colby..if u were doing the work what parts would you use?cam,piston,pipe,carb, and what not....also what would be mandatory lik would i need a carb or what thanks a lot
    2002 400ex
    SOLD

1988 250x

Go with the 426 kit way more reliable and only a couple horsepower difference.
    Kasper Racing
    Mikes Cycle Shop

XFR Extreme fabrication racing

I have had my hands in on a few EX builds and we had the best luck with the 426 motor. They rev fast and make a lot of torque, very fast and easy to ride on the MX track. We had problems keeping 440s together for long periods of time and 416s are nice but not enough power output.

The 426 power is very smooth and pulls hard outta corners, mind you its not like a 450R but the power is there. The last 426EX we had would run with my 450R when it just had a pipe. Granted I would pull him in 3rd gear, but he was right there with me in most of the holeshots.

That 426 had a 13.5:1 piston (if I remember right), White Bros Race Cam, Sparks exhaust, K&N Filter, and 40MM FCR carb off a CRF bike. We never got it on a dyno but it had some serious power. With some head work, that thing woulda been crazy fast! Only problem we had was the quad would blow a head-gasket every now and then
    Chance

2004 Honda TRX450R -- Sold!
    2006 Honda TRX450ER -- Sold!
    2007 Honda TRX450R -- Holz, Fox, Sparks, Hiper...

Just leave it pinned, it will all work out....

Special Thanks to:
    JH Racing
    Action Powersports
    TYRacing
    Honda of Stillwater

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast