Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attn. 426 owners...

#77 is offline My DS will live again...

Attn. 426 owners...

Does a 426 piston require a new sleeve? I am rebuilding a buddy's 400 and he wants a 426 motor. I know wiseco offers a sleeve, but I don't know if it is required or if I can just bore the stock one out.

Thanks,
    2001 DS 650- Diamond G racing steering stem, Longhorn bars, Armadillo a-arms, HMF exhaust, jet kit, Trail Tech computer, and some other stuff.

Coming soon- YFZ 450 Pro-Pegs, CRF 450 rear master cylinder, braided lines, IMS 5.0 gallon tank, black plastic and seat cover, powdercoated frame and swingarm, HPR engine kit, Scott's Stainless oil filter, radiator shrouds, and much more.

you don't have to resleeve it but is a good idea since that is the last bore in the stock cylinder and the cylinder walls are pretty thin and will create more heat but to answer your question you don't have to sleeve it.
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of EXriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

#13 IATVHSS 06 TRX450ER
    08 Heartland Challenge Industry class 1st place
    08 IATVHSS Womens class 1st place
    07 Maxxis 12hr Industry class 1st Place
    07 IATVHSS Womens class 1st place
    06 IATVHSS Womens class 1st place
    05 IATVHSS Womens class 2nd place

My 2000 426 is just bore, but it is the last one before a sleeve is needed.
    Tyler Jones

2000 426EX, 11:1 wiseco, hot cams stage 3 "stroker" cam, Ported head done by Dr. G, FCR 41, Hot rods crank, running no base gasket, 1 layer of 3 layer head gasket, Klotz 113 race fuel Feather carbon smoothie hood, works tripples w/ressies, Black HMF slip on, AC pro peg nerfs, Azonic fat bars, burgaurd +1 1/4" swinger, Lonestar +1 stem, douglas yellow label front wheels, Pro Armor front bumper, + some others goodies

AIM: Fourtrax426

Holeshot Motorsports Wilder, KY
    for all aftermarket parts

Nope. but I would recommend getting a sleeve to keep the heat down.
    2004 Honda 426EX In Progress.........

Originally posted by Silverfox@C&DRacing
    you don't have to resleeve it but is a good idea since that is the last bore in the stock cylinder and the cylinder walls are pretty thin and will create more heat but to answer your question you don't have to sleeve it.
    So in that case, does the cylinder get bored out to fit a thicker sleeve?
    Rider11x

2001 Honda 400ex XC Racer (SOLD)

2006 Yamaha Grizzly Realtree Camo

*Donegal Yamaha and Polaris*
    ****Tell them I sent ya!*****

Originally posted by RIDER11X
    So in that case, does the cylinder get bored out to fit a thicker sleeve?
    Yeah, its the regular 440 sleeve but its just 88mm on the inside instead of being bored out to 89mm.

Originally posted by torqen2k1
    Nope. but I would recommend getting a sleeve to keep the heat down.
    Why would a thicker sleeve keep the heat down? It takes longer to dissipate heat through a thicker piece of metal than a thinner one.

Re: Attn. 426 owners...

Originally posted by #77
    Does a 426 piston require a new sleeve? I am rebuilding a buddy's 400 and he wants a 426 motor. I know wiseco offers a sleeve, but I don't know if it is required or if I can just bore the stock one out.

Thanks,
    Take it to a 416 instead.
    2001 Honda 416SS with a powerbong

your best bet would to get a sleeve. a buddy of mine has a 426 without a sleeve and he really gets some heat. headpipe will glow red and oil will bubble after 10 min of ridding.the dipstick gets so hot in the oil tank that its almost impossible to get it out with ur hands.so u should probably get the sleeve and leave those problems behind u.

Originally posted by Tackett
    your best bet would to get a sleeve. a buddy of mine has a 426 without a sleeve and he really gets some heat. headpipe will glow red and oil will bubble after 10 min of ridding.the dipstick gets so hot in the oil tank that its almost impossible to get it out with ur hands.so u should probably get the sleeve and leave those problems behind u.
    man his quad is just messed up. that problem is WAY beyond anything a thicker sleeve would help.

I have a 463 stroker with a 426 bore on the stock sleeve and never have any kind of issues with heat!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast