Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: What Kind Of Utility Do You Own?

Originally posted by RIDER11X
    Great choice! Are you gonna post pics?

Wait till LTrider sees this!
    Sorry it took so long .... I just looked at this thread for the first time in a LONG time .

Hunting setup

Without the gunboot

First week I had it .

2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

Great pics! You have the same box/ footpegs as me...My wife loves that set up, and it works great I also see you have Elka's on yours...How do you like them? I'm looking at those for mine....Do they ride alot better than stockers? Any idea on price?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Rider11x

2001 Honda 400ex XC Racer (SOLD)

2006 Yamaha Grizzly Realtree Camo

*Donegal Yamaha and Polaris*
    ****Tell them I sent ya!*****

Great pics! You have the same box/ footpegs as me...My wife loves that set up, and it works great I also see you have Elka's on yours...How do you like them? I'm looking at those for mine....Do they ride alot better than stockers? Any idea on price?
    Ya my girlfriend loves the seat and footpegs . We rode twice without the pegs and at the end of the day her arms were killing her from trying to hold herself up . The only complaint I have about the seat , is that when I bolt it down , the plastic shifts and I have a b!tch of a time trying to get the locks opened .... I've found the trick to getting it open .... but I had bruised hands for a few weeks before I figured it out .

As far as the Elkas , I LOVE them . Being able to fully adjust them is awesome . I can set them for when I'm mudding by myself or when my girlfriend and I are out cruising the logging roads . What I liek the most , is that you don't feel all the little bumps and the hard hits . We've flown down some logging roads and unexpectedly coem across foot deep washouts and only felt the hit a little bit . My dad loves rididng the quad ... we can't get him off of it . He's had a couple back surgeries and with the Elkas he can ride all day with no problems .

As for the price , I'm not sure . I bought the Grizzly already set up . All I added was the rear seat , the fender guards and foot pegs and the gun boot .... everything else was already there when I bought it . I just wish I had a camo like yours instead . I LOVE the camo look more than the red that I have , but the deal I couldn't pass up .

I have to bring it in and get it looked at though . Either my brakes are fk'ed and sticking , or my clutch is starting to act up , or soemthing in the driveline . I'm getting a very BAD vibration when I riding slowly . I think it's my brakes but can't figure out whats causing the problem .

Originally posted by Quad18star
    Ya my girlfriend loves the seat and footpegs . We rode twice without the pegs and at the end of the day her arms were killing her from trying to hold herself up . The only complaint I have about the seat , is that when I bolt it down , the plastic shifts and I have a b!tch of a time trying to get the locks opened .... I've found the trick to getting it open .... but I had bruised hands for a few weeks before I figured it out .
    Keeping the box in place is mostly about placement of the u-bolts, as in putting them on one the left side against a crossbar on the rack to keep it sliding right, and do the opposite on the right side against a crossbar on the rack to keep it from going left. I have six U-bolts in mine with four of them going through 4x6"steel plates in pairs to give added support for the plastic. A buddy of mine was following me on a spirited tight woods ride, and was amazed when he saw my seat box bounce off of trees several times with no movement! I got a scratches down both sides to prove it! My wife has even been in the seat during a couple of them....I know because that is when the claws come out and into my skin followed by "Watch those trees!!! ".

Hope that helps...Now I got to get me some Elkas!
    Rider11x

hey RIDER11X,

How do those Bighorns do in mud? I am looking for a all terrain tire and want a good race tire too, but I will also be using my ute for riding with friends and going through some mud.
    V-Twin King Quad

Well they are no replacement for Outlaws, but for common "Need to get through" mud when your no looking for trouble, they do great! Look at how well the GNCC guys do on them in muddy races.....I love them.....We hit some hardtop road, to connect trails, and go through all kinds of terrain....They have not worn hardly at all yet. The ride quality is awesome! Rocky trails in Pa are alot more tolerable, and the traction on rock is incredible! Creek beds with rocks in them is a blast!! I got 25's, but may go with 26's next time around. If I don't need a new quad by yhe time they wear out!!! LOL!
    Rider11x

Rider11X .... I may look at bolting my seat down better , but so far it hasn't moved on me too much ( other than the flexing when i torqued it down) . I got 6 or 8 u-bolts holding it in place .

Plus I wear one of those shirts that reads " If you can read this , the b*tch fell off ... so please notify me"

p.s. We won't tell her I said that , alright ??? !!!!

Well they are no replacement for Outlaws, but for common "Need to get through" mud when your no looking for trouble, they do great! Look at how well the GNCC guys do on them in muddy races.....I love them.....We hit some hardtop road, to connect trails, and go through all kinds of terrain....They have not worn hardly at all yet. The ride quality is awesome! Rocky trails in Pa are alot more tolerable, and the traction on rock is incredible! Creek beds with rocks in them is a blast!! I got 25's, but may go with 26's next time around. If I don't need a new quad by yhe time they wear out!!! LOL!
    good to hear. I like mud but I hate cleaning it. I am not a big time mudder but when its there sometime I like to go through it. PLus during the district races it will be fun taking the shortest line instead of the cleaness
    V-Twin King Quad

BTW, I had mine on for the last ride when I accidently floated mine in a mudhole that was really deep. Bighorns pulled ...paddled me and my wife right through!

Check out the mud line to see how deep!
    Rider11x

Mud line along the bottom of the seat!
    Rider11x