Thread: Scrambler 500 4x4

Scrambler 500 4x4

I'm thinking about selling my 400ex but still want something sporty. How does it handle? How's the power? Just some overall information. How would it compete against a Prarie 700?
    Polaris Predator 500
    Polaris Magnum 425

We use to have a scrambler...It is probably the best sporty Utility type bike you can get. The steering is rough, and tight. Has pretty nice power to it, takes big mud holes nice!! Im not sure what else to say about it, they are nice quads and if your looking for something like a utility but still kinda sporty, this is deffinetaly the way to go

we use to have a scrambler 500 4x4 but we sold it . It had a AAEN full exhaust and thats about it. I think you are crazy to sell your 400 for a scrambler though. we sold it and bought a vinson 500. I personally like it alot more. I hate the steering on the scrambler,and It had to much wheel spin . If I were u I would get the new king quad 700. I rode one and it completly hauls ***.
    GSXR1100w sand quad
    kx250 ( built 310)
    CR500

91 Mustang SSP 5.8, bored .30 over, 11.1, World heads, injected, baer brakes, tubular f / r suspesion, tremec trans etc
    90 bronco, 6 inch lift, 35's, 393 stroker, built aod, 4.56 gears

It's getting to the point where I need a 4x4 and I want a sporty one because I can't get out of racing
    Polaris Predator 500
    Polaris Magnum 425

Scramblers are crap imo. The 4 wheel drive has very fualty connections and sometimes when your in 2 wheeldrive the 4x4 will kick in and send you off the road and.. yes ive done it, ended up rolling the quad 4 times while going down the road at about 70. I just think for the money, they are a pos, but they are very fast, just not an all around good quad. I also think they sit to high, and very tippy, stearing is VERY bad, every lil rock u ride over you can feel, and make it hard to keep stright. Im not trying to bash the quad, i just think they arnt as good as they should be. Suspension is good. Lights are very cheap and useless.
    "Syrus The Virus"

2003 Honda Rubicon (red)
    2002 Honda 450es (yellow)
    2002 Oryx t-line equipe 125
    2004 FreeAgent Team Limo (Custom)
    2002 400ex
    Many many dirtbikes... to many..

2001 250ex - SOLD

Originally posted by citizennobody
    ...dont drink and surf...

I ride a Rincon so I could be biased but if you are looking soley for a sporty handling 4X4 you can not beat the Rincon check all the big boy shootouts with a Rincon it wins the handling test every time. Now i am also honest if balls to the wall top end is what you want it may not be the quad for you. I have drag raced a Grizzly and a King Quad and i take them off the start due to the gears v/s belt but midway through 2nd gear they catch me and pass. Top speed on the dyno after precision motersports high performance package was 66 mph and a Grizzly with same kit was 67 mph all bikes are not the same but thats pretty tight when you consider how much better the Rincon handles. Hope this helps goodluck and don't forget when you find a bike that fits your riding style then you have the perfect bike because it is different for everyone.
    TANK (RINCON)

My brother has a scrambler and I have a 400ex. I like the scrambler, it handles prettygood. Everytime we ride we drag race and I kill him. He bought his brand-new and he has had some minor wiring problems. I really like it though it is very sporty. I was thinking of getting a used one for the winters out here. Oh another thing that owners have problems with is the belt gets wet and slips.

400ex

I would stay with the 400. The 400 is more sporty. The 500 is like a utility quad with sport plastics, there nice quads but the 400ex has more mods