Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does a rookie get sponsered?

How does a rookie get sponsered?

Considering the fact that I am 14 and have no excess money I would like to know how to get sponsered. The hard part is that I have no race history (cause I don't have the bike for it). How do you get companies to sponser you when you don't have any race history?
    Research Assistant
    Engine Research Center
    University of Wisconsin-Madison
    Department of Mechanical Engineering

2003 400ex
    2005 Arctic Cat F7 EFI

small town-based companys

maybe your local dealer if it isnt really too huge

or just become a non-rookie and then go for sponserships
    92 Patriotic Styled 250x
    99 yamaha gp1200 (this thing rips)
    97 sea doo gtx
    93 arctic cat ext 550
    99 arctic cat Zr600
    96 GMC Jimmy, Rims/Tires, CAI, Spintech Exhaust
    89 TOTALED s-10 blazer R.I.P.

win some races then approach them...thats what im doin!
    NEATV-MX #51.
    06 Walsh/LSR/Axis 450R - Gone
    07 Walsh/JB/PEP 450R - Gone
    07 Gibson/JB/PEP 450R - Gone

You cant look at it as a way of getting free money. If you dont race, forget it.

what about ameture freestyle? could i get a sponsor from doing a little freestyle. bigger than like nac nacs and like no handers but nothing huge like a christ air yet.
    2001 400ex (sold)!
    Trying to get back into racing

I don't think you're going to get sponsored if you don't do anything (race). Unless you have a lot of people who are going to see your sponsors stickers on your quad when you're riding at your house? Go out and race and do good, then you'll get the sponsors...and maybe even the girls .
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

sponsors arent going to help much in the quad industry unless your really good, you can get liek 15% off and free stickers thats about it.... and usually the 15% off isnt as good of a deal as rockymountain
    2013 Polaris Scrambler 850 xp

2004 Kawasaki Kfx 700

try and pull off a backflip duribg a race on a 30ft tabletop and succesfully land it, that might turn a few heads
    04 400ex
    HMF full system

01 trailblazer 250 (taken apart)

look here

www.dirtwheelsmag.com/riding.asp or look up www.douggust.com there you can find some tips. a few tips for you though, get a few pics of you riding, hiting a few jumps, good corner pics, about 2-4 is all you need. NACS is pretty good about sponsoring rookie riders. when i first started racing, i sent them an e-mail requesting info on their support program. i also included that i have only raced 1 or 2 times, ever. they said it didnt matter and to send in a resume anyway. it may take several months to get parts though, major back order all the time, thats why i dont have them no more.
    or, better yet, you can send a resume to chris@albaaction.com they are my primary sponsor and i love the service they have given me. BUT, you have to be serious about racing and making a valiant effort to make it to the top. either way, good luck

Theirs no doubt I would be serious about racing. My parents HELPED me buy my quad and we have alot of resources for racing but my parents won't buy me any parts! Back orders on parts would be nothing. I garentee it would be faster than me earning money at my job ($6.00/hour)!!!

Do you guys think that I could race local MX with my bike (signiture)? Without the H-Ds though
    Research Assistant
    Engine Research Center
    University of Wisconsin-Madison
    Department of Mechanical Engineering

2003 400ex
    2005 Arctic Cat F7 EFI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast