Thread: need a price

need a price

Hey Pappy,
    how much would you charge to powdercoat a frame, subframe, swingarm, and a-arms in a matallic color. they've already been sand blasted so they just need to be powdercoated.
    I live in WA, so I know shipping would be killer, but I know you got good deals, so it might be worth shipping it.
    thanks

man, i have to be honest and suggest you try finding a shop on the west coast! shipping would easily be around $60 each way even if i cut you a break and did the frame for say $125 it IMO wouldnt be worth it for ya.

and even tho it is stripped, 5 to 7 days in transit and she would need to be stripped down again
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

ya i know the mail is rough on things. do you know of anyone in wa who does a good job. theirs a place here that told me they'd powdercoat everything for $180.00 if i make sure all the paint is off. There called American Powder Coating. Don't know if you've ever heard of them. Another is Northwest Powder Coating.

Another quick question, do i need to take the axle carrier out or just the bearings for powdercoating? And what kind of tape should I use to mask off anything that i don't want painted.
    thanks

i have seen both of those places mentioned.

woodsrider (who used to be soggyrider) will see this and i hope he can fill you in on thier work etc.)

personally any shop that wont final prep the part wouldnt be getting my work. i charge for taking care of the metal the best i can, the actual pc is cheap and they should be doing the masking work IMO.

if they force you to do the masking, let me know and i will send you a roll of green tape...high temp.

the bearing carrier should be completely removed along with all bearings and seals from what ever part is to be stripped and pc'd
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News