Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Horses on atv trails WTF????

Horses on atv trails WTF????

Rock Dam WI

well its seems as if the horse riders *****ed long enough that they now can ride on the atv trails . there was horse **** all over the trail anf the riders were yelling at atvers to slow down when we went passed them. and then to make things worse we got stopped by the dnr and he was asking us about our machines light,reg sparkarrestors,etc when the horse riders came by drinking beer and smoking cigs the horse riders dont have to register their horses or pay anything for that matter to the trail system this really pisses me off

Re: Horses on atv trails WTF????

Originally posted by banshee364r
    the horse riders dont have to register their horses or pay anything for that matter to the trail system this really pisses me off
    turn it around on them...get support and try to make them pay thier share.
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Re: Re: Horses on atv trails WTF????

i say, plug your nose and roost that schit on them!
    Mastrocola #17

-Live Fast or Die Slow-

Huge thanks to everyone!

ATVriders.com Cernic's Racing
    HiPer Technology
    Racer X
    Rider Down
    Clayton Foundation
    ATVA
    Breezewood Proving Grounds

all the individuals, friends, families, and organizations that have helped me

GOAL COMPLETE: Road Dan's 450R for 7 laps at Breezewood Proving Grounds!

up in upstate pa we ran into a group of them ALL THE TIME, it got so annoying, we would be crusing along, going pretty fast having a fun time, horse group brings us to a stop and yells at us for scaring the horses when they are throwing beer bottles in the woods when they are done with them etc, its sad that the offroaders get blamed for everything the other people do, but there its the chosen few atvers etc that do the same
    I've had banshees, 250rs.. miss them all!

1986 ATC200X

we have a place in NC where people ride horses. its a pain in the arse to have to slow down and wait for them to go by so we don't spook em. if we do spook em they blame it on us. well what do they expect its a atv riding park not a horse riding park. they know we're out there when they come. makes me so mad!
    stfu! i've heard enuff so shut your pie hole!

take pictures, black mail
    2007 yfz450
    2011 rancher fpm

Originally posted by chucked
    take pictures, black mail
    good idea, next time im at the trails cameras comin along
    I've had banshees, 250rs.. miss them all!

1986 ATC200X

Originally posted by muddkitten
    we have a place in NC where people ride horses. its a pain in the arse to have to slow down and wait for them to go by so we don't spook em. if we do spook em they blame it on us. well what do they expect its a atv riding park not a horse riding park. they know we're out there when they come. makes me so mad!
    Where are you talking about in NC? I know they have horses in Uwharrie, but they have seperate trails, I'v never seen horses on the ATV/OHV trails.

Horses and motorized vehicles don't belong on the same trail if you ask me, riding a sport quad i'm sure most of you know that the fenders don't protect you from debrit coming off those tires, and mud/dirt is fine, but I sure don't want horse chit flying onto me.
    2001 400EX
    Lonestar bearing Carrier
    Maxxis Razr rear tires
    ITP rear wheels
    Renthal bars
    Otherwise pretty much stock

where I used to mountain bike it was like that, and those minefields are big!!!! Bikes don't have fenders to protect you from it.
    85/86 atc 250r, very modded, lrd 310pv, +1 lsr, shortrack kit, cr250r igntion, 39 pwk, paul turner hi-rev pipe, propeg nerf bars, HREATV custom frame,
    86 atc200x- 84 250r exteneded axle, supertrapp pipe, 27mm carb, works rear shock, 84 250r front end(rebuilt w/ terry kit), 350x tripples, ported head, 12:1 piston, webcam,
    crf450r quad, lsr frame, swinger, antifade, hyper beadlocks and the best of everything else.
    88 trx 250r pced and reinforced frame, +3+0 t-pin, 310pv, cr ignition, 39 pwk, lsr rear end, elka shocks, aftermarket radiator, lrd pipe
    06 ktm450exc, full skid plate/guards, radiator fan, clarke tank, dual sport kit, reg/ins/insp, steering stabilzer
    98 200exc: street plated, skid/guards, dual sport lights, stabilizer and more.
    07 ktm 250xc, skids, reg/ins, dampener, good lights
    2011 atc450r in the works, suspension and details need to be worked out

just be patient...as a fan of quads and horses i hope you guys can reach some kind of compromise. I understand how both sides feel, but just stay respectful and dont do anything stupid.

To alot of people, their horse is their life, and they may have 20,000 bucks (I've seen $250,000 dressage and walking horses before) in the darn thing. Same thing goes for quad riders. I know i couldnt give up either one of those things...

But see? You at least have one thing in common. Just work it out peacefully and please dont try to spook the horses- someone or a horse could get really hurt.

Good Luck!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast