Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hot cam stage 2 valve adjust.

hot cam stage 2 valve adjust.

wat should i be adjusting my valves to with a hot cam stage 2 ? the rockers and valves are all stock i have a 10.1 compression piston full x6 exhaust wb rev box uni filter jetted carb ..... wat are the valve clearance for the cam ? and is there a specific way to do it ? i usually just go by the T on the crank and then line the notches on the cam sproket evenly to the head ? should i be looking for anything spacific ? please give me all the details i wanna make sure this is done right . thanks for the help guys
    put it this way....im too fast for you

05 450r - Athena 480 kit with stage 3 cam.
    Two brother full exhaust
    Dominator Axle
    Ac Nerfs
    Tag t2 bars
    Jrd +2 LT A-arms
    PeP LT Suspension with big bottles!
    The rear setup will be coming soon hopefully!!
    \
    08 450r White/kickstart.
    XC setup very soon!
    07 Sponsers
    O'neal/Azonic Riding Apparel
    4 SkinZ Custom Seats
    CardioStack
    BK Performance
    GT Thunder
    Deptford Honda/yamaha

yes, align up the T mark on the flywheel. make sure your on the compression stroke (all the valves will be loose). make sure you adjust the valves when the bike is fully cold!!! the specs are .005 for intake and .006 for exhaust valves.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

thanks for replying i appreciate that ... i got a card with the cam and it says .013 is that correct for the valve setting or is that something different .. and is there a trick to be able to tell if the valves are loose like ur saying ?
    put it this way....im too fast for you

05 450r - Athena 480 kit with stage 3 cam.
    Two brother full exhaust
    Dominator Axle
    Ac Nerfs
    Tag t2 bars
    Jrd +2 LT A-arms
    PeP LT Suspension with big bottles!
    The rear setup will be coming soon hopefully!!
    \
    08 450r White/kickstart.
    XC setup very soon!
    07 Sponsers
    O'neal/Azonic Riding Apparel
    4 SkinZ Custom Seats
    CardioStack
    BK Performance
    GT Thunder
    Deptford Honda/yamaha

you can tell if the valves are loose by grabbing the rockers and moving them back and forth, if they feel loose then its on TDC.
    idk about that card that came with the cam, does it say anything else on it, maybe thats the duriation of the cam lobes. but i know for sure its not the valve settings for it. cals was right ,for the hotcam stage 2 its .005 intake and .006 exhaust.

cals400ex posted

yes, align up the T mark on the flywheel. make sure your on the compression stroke (all the valves will be loose). make sure you adjust the valves when the bike is fully cold!!! the specs are .005 for intake and .006 for exhaust valves.

I thought u were suppose to adjust valves when the motor i running temp.??? I have a stock cam.
    Ride Red Forever!

Red 04' 426ex "Trail Beast"

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...hreadid=322358

facebook.com/glockphoto <---lets be friends, no homo

For a stock motor the valve clearance is .004 intake and .005 for the exhaust. I guess the cam increases the valve clearance.
    Mergers and Acquisitions

are those specs the same for a stage 1 hot cam? if not what are those?

Originally posted by honda_runner
    cals400ex posted

I thought u were suppose to adjust valves when the motor i running temp.??? I have a stock cam.
    cals is right, you are supposed to set the valves only when the engine is cold. if you set them after the engine has warmed up you will get a false reading.

Originally posted by quadjockey400
    are those specs the same for a stage 1 hot cam? if not what are those?
    you can use the same clearances on the stage 1 that the stage 2 uses.

hotcams is .005intake .006exhaust, And with the pappers in the box it says that they require a little bit more clearance!
    05 Gt Thunder Trx490r
    WHITEHORSE RACING
    RISSLER EXTEREME ATV
    PRM, AXE racing, FASST bars, GPR, IMS-Roll, DID chains, HRC, JT sprockets, GT Thunder link, Hipers, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Custom Axis, LSR (stem,arms swinger carrier hubs), Axecalliber axil, QuadTech, T&T Racing, Spider, UNI, Pivot works, mxprographx,

WHITEHORSE RACING Trx416ex
    Razor 2's 23"-22"s,IMS tank,Galfer Steal Brake Lines,Denton Stabilizer,Herrmann +1 swingarm,Herrmann Racing Seat latch,Hotcams Stage one,Port and polish,Dynojets,Wesico,Tag Bars,PRM Bumper,PRM Skids,Rad carriers,Spyder grips,All Balls,LRD Exhaust,Green Frame,Stock Red Front Plastic,Gray Maier Rear Plastics ,Elkas Shocks Up Front,STocker Rear Shock,Blown elka rear in the shop!

Knox Racing 1987 trx250r (under construction)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast