Thread: Removing trottle cable from stock carb cap

Removing trottle cable from stock carb cap

Hey guys...I'm replacing my stock carb with a new one. Can you use the stock trottle cable with a new carb or do you have to buy a new one? I can't seem to get the cable out of the carb top. I've pulled pretty hard and didnt want to break anything. It seems like the end of the cable is pressed into the stock cap.

You have to get a different cable. Not much money though

haha um dont pull on it.

its attached to the slide, and needs to be unhooked before you pull it out.
    -2011 CRF450R
    -2003 Cannondale Moto
    -1996 GSXR 1100
    -1987 TRX350 foreman :-)
    -1985 TRX250 fourtrax
    www.bvcracing.com

I removed the slide, but it still seems to be attached to the cap. Sounds like I need another cable to work with the air stryker anyway, right?

o. grab the dremel and cut the cap off and the little brass fitting on that end too. then the cable will fit in the A/S carb perfct

Thanks, zedicus. The only problem is that I dont want to ruin the stock cap because I want to sell the carb.

well the cap goes with that cable so u could sell that carb withought the cap cuz if they had the cable already they would hav the cap if they had to buy the cable they would get a cap with it.

well the cap goes with that cable so u could sell that carb withought the cap cuz if they had the cable already they would hav the cap if they had to buy the cable they would get a cap with it.

The cap is part of the cable, it was not designed to come apart. The only way to separate them is to cut them apart.

So, either buy yourself a new cable to work with your new carb, or cut your old cable and sell the old carb without the cap.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.