Thread: will it add more power

will it add more power

will it add more power if i get a +6 curtis sparks degree key and the +1000 rev box...im a stock 400 ex will it do any thing noticiaple

I dont even think a rev box will do anything for a stock engine, so im guessing the sparks degree key wont do much either, till u get more motor mods, but im not an expert !
    "Syrus The Virus"

2003 Honda Rubicon (red)
    2002 Honda 450es (yellow)
    2002 Oryx t-line equipe 125
    2004 FreeAgent Team Limo (Custom)
    2002 400ex
    Many many dirtbikes... to many..

2001 250ex - SOLD

Originally posted by citizennobody
    ...dont drink and surf...

No, and no..........the rev box is a complete joke, its like putting a rev box on a tractor, that engine was engineered for torque, not high revs, so build off of that. The offset key would be more apt to help under certain conditions, but only with a specialized engine build.

Actually its quite the oppossite. The key is made for stock to mild engines. Sparks actually says to stay away from modded engines with them. As far as the key goes when I did it I noticed a little bit quicker throttle response from down low. It's nothing major, but is noticable and comes out of a bog better. For the 15-20 bucks it's definately worth it.
    -Kevin-
    GNCC #444
    2013 Junior B Champion

Thanks to my 2014 sponsors:

Lexington Motorsports, MSR, Schaeffer's Racing Oil, WKC Powersports, GT Thunder, Wiseco Pistons, Precision, Spy Optics, Spider Grips, Panda's Powdercoating, Roll Design, IMS, Blingstar

Cheeta is correct
    C&D Racing, the official sponsor of ATVriders.com and your #1 aftermarket and OEM parts shop! 402-614-2508

1st place +30 2010 IATVHSS
    #28 IATVHSS 09 Polaris 525S and 525IRS
    1st Place Industry Class 2008 Heartland Challenge
    1st Place Industry Class 2007 Maxxis 12 hrs
    www.cdracingonline.com
    check out the products we carry http://www.cdracingonline.com/sell.html

i would consider the key. i wouldn't buy their rev box. i made that mistake once. it makes the bike hard to start. also, you won't notice any power gain from it. on a built engine, i would reocmmend a rev box though.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."