Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 300ex Reverse Lever

300ex Reverse Lever

I just picked up a second-hand 300ex off of a friend and some things are rusted. One of these things is the reverse assembly on the clutch perch. Normally you push down the button on the clutch, pull in the clutch (which pulls another lever in), then engage reverse. The reverse lever is stuck pulled in. The clutch seems to work fine and it will now go into reverse without messing with the clutch (once it's in neutral of course). Is this a good thing or a bad thing? Could it potentially mess anything up?

Another question on the subject. Is there a way to do away with the clunky stock perch (p-brake, reverse lever) and still use reverse?

Thanks!

I'm glad you asked the ? about a new lever I hope someone answers it LOL, I've been wondering the same thing!! As for it going into R w/o pulling the lever in, hmmm not sure on that, heck it seems like that would be better than having to push the button & pull it in I'm getting ready to take my actual lever off the motor, I want to make one I can do w/ my foot, plus if it gets hit racing then there is that out of the way of getting smashed Well goodluck hope someone has an answer for ya
    Back to the ol' Kodiak 4x4 but at least it's a quad!
    00' 426ex
    04' YFZ450
    05' Kasea 70

Better to be a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime!

dirtmomma..instead of makin a lever u can hit with your foot u could just get one off of a 250x. im pretty sure it will hook right up.
    Jarret Stone#1x
    250x
    AIM: JJs3600

worst town I've ever lived in... Spencer,OH
    Originally posted by stonerider250x
    dirtmomma..instead of makin a lever u can hit with your foot u could just get one off of a 250x. im pretty sure it will hook right up.
    I don't think the 250x one will fit. I think it will hit the starter. If you want a foot shifter try one of these...I got it off eBay. It attaches to part of the original shifter.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I am now quadless...

300exoh thats EXACTLY what I'm wanting Now that I have a pic I can have my welder make me one THANK YOU!! You just hit that w/ your foot right?? Or do you have to do it w/ your hand?? Either way I really don't care cuz I don't need reverse that bad!!
    Back to the ol' Kodiak 4x4 but at least it's a quad!
    00' 426ex
    04' YFZ450
    05' Kasea 70

Better to be a racer for a moment than a spectator for a lifetime!

it does not matter if it's stuck or not it will not harm anything.

A couple of my friends with 300ex's take the cable out and just replace it with something to hold it in all the time ( right on the motor) like a small steel cable or something. that way you can get the big ulgy stock lever out of there and replase it with something good like msr or something.

With the lever pulled in it won't go in reverse if it's not in neutral. We tried . So you don't have to worry about it
    ECPerformance 450R

E-mail: trx500ex@hotmail.com

Originally posted by 44oEX
    it does not matter if it's stuck or not it will not harm anything.

A couple of my friends with 300ex's take the cable out and just replace it with something to hold it in all the time ( right on the motor) like a small steel cable or something. that way you can get the big ulgy stock lever out of there and replase it with something good like msr or something.

With the lever pulled in it won't go in reverse if it's not in neutral. We tried . So you don't have to worry about it
    That's the info I was looking for! Thanks!

no problem. anytime
    ECPerformance 450R

E-mail: trx500ex@hotmail.com

worst town I've ever lived in... Spencer,OH
    Originally posted by dirtmomma
    300exoh thats EXACTLY what I'm wanting Now that I have a pic I can have my welder make me one THANK YOU!! You just hit that w/ your foot right?? Or do you have to do it w/ your hand?? Either way I really don't care cuz I don't need reverse that bad!!
    Glad to help. Yeah. You just push down with your foot for reverse and flip it back up for neutral. It makes it so much easier I find myself using it more.

44oEX- Thanks for the tip
    I am now quadless...

now thats a good thing, the foot shifter.. i might need to look into one of those, and yah the 250x reverse wont work cuz of the starter
    2005 TRX450r

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast