Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2004 AMA Sports Award Banquet - Las Vegas, NV

Amateur Rider of the Year

Nominees:
    Mitch Reynolds, GNC TT & MX
    Bobby Ross, GNC MX
    Jeremy Rice, GNCC

The award went to Mitch Reynolds for his terrific racing performance in both the MX & TT Series. Mitch Reynolds won the Production A Class in TT with three first place finishes. He also finished several times in the top 10 in the Pro AM Production Class against some of the Top GNC Pro riders.

In the MX Series, he finished 3rd for the season in Production B and 4th in 265B.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Please Support Our Site Sponsors!
    Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Athlete of the Year

Nominees:
    Bill Ballance, GNCC
    Pat Brown, GNC MX
    Doug Gust, GNC MX
    Keith Little, GNC MX & TT

The award went to none other than MX Champion, Doug Gust. ATVA President, Doug Morris presented Doug with the Award.
    Click Here --->ATVriders.com Hoodies, Shirts, and Stickers Available Online <---

Mud Motorsports, BCS Performance, ITP, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Douglas Wheels, Burgard Cycle, T&T Racing, DASA, GBC Motorsports, HMF Engineering, Motoworks, ELKA, FOX

Doug Gust took the Podium, and thanked everyone for all their support this season and especially Suzuki & Yoshimura. Doug was excited to see factories once again supporting ATV racing, and he hopes that the other factories step up their support next season for some of the other riders.

Doug accomplishment came from a season of dedication to trying to be his best, and he is already in California training for next season with new teammate, Jeremiah Jones. To be a champion today requires 100% dedication from the rider, and Doug Gust has that drive.

Thanks Again, Doug Gust for putting ATV racing in the spot light from all of your hard work and dedication.

AMA Sport Website of the Year

Nominees:

www.cyclenews.com
    www.exriders.com
    www.racerxill.com

I am proud to announce the award went to EXriders.com. It was an honor just be nominated for such an award, but it was an incredible feeling to actually win such an award with racerxill.com and cyclenews.com as the other nominees. These two publications/websites are top notch motorcycle publications, and after a year of working so hard to try to provide the ATV world with the same level of race coverage as motorcyclist have enjoyed for years, it is great feeling to know that it didn’t go unnoticed.

I have loved riding since I found my first ATC 125M under the tree for Christmas in 1985, and I have been riding every since. I live and breath ATVs, and I am so thankful to have the opportunity to provides photos and race reports for everyone to enjoy.

I couldn’t have made all of this possible if it weren’t for all the great people around the Country that provided race coverage from the events that I couldn’t attend. Also, I thank my wife, Tina, for putting up with me being away from home so much in the past year, so I didn’t let down my members.

Also, all my race coverage wouldn’t have even been possible if it weren’t for many two companies. C&D Racing and T&T Racing have covered most of the expenses involved in traveling to the races, and I thank them so much for all their support, and I hope you also appericiate their behind the scenes support of ATV racing and think of them the next time you decide to replace a part on your machine.

Burgard Cycle, HMF Engineering, Elka Suspension, ITP, IMS Products, Laker Custom, Pro Armor, Rekluse, Tireballs, Fullbore also provided terrific support to me as well this past year, and I believe they are all dedicated in making Exriders.com even better next season.

Most importantly, I would like to thank all the members that call Exriders.com home. I think the community that has formed on Exriders.com is top notch, and everyone of you that have provided me the drive to want to do even more in the future. Also, I especially thank all the members that have become “Supporting Members” voluntarily to help me with my goal of building Exriders.com into the best ATV website on the Internet.

Thanks Again for all your Support!

To conclude the evening, all the champions and winners joined together on the stage for a group photo.

In the end, it was great to see many of the nominee’s congratulating the award winners.

Mandy Brodil (GNC TT Women's Champion) came over and congratulated Stephanie Parton on her Award.

Racer Productions were excited to see so many of their GNCC riders winning several of the awards. Rita Coombs came over to congratulate Stephanie as well, but her wildlooking purse quickly became the conversation piece.

Finally, I had the pleasure to sit with Wesley Smith and his father, and it was great to see another father being so closely involved with the sport.

I hope everyone enjoyed this report, and please feel free to share your comments.

great coverage..and congrats on the award
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Awesome as usual Harlen.... Could you post more pics of Stephanie Parton please?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast