Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: is polaris scramblers fast or not

the 400 scramblers and sports can make insane power, i have seen what they can do, i am about 30 min away from a place called nicholas cycle, some of you probably know the name, they use to primarily use the sport 400 for drag racing after working it over, and they were very successful with it. this was back when nicholas cycle was just a little shop, once the predator came out and doug nicholas started working his magic on the predator engine, they started bringing in lots of money, thats why they now have 3-4 different drag predators. sorry i got sidetracked, where im going here is, stock, the scrambler isnt very quick, for very little $ tho, you can have a ripper. alot cheaper to get the power out of a 400 2 stroke than a 400 4 stroke.
    06 450r

i had a 99 sport 400 bored to a 440,ported,42mm carb, everthing shaved 307 pounds, and i also had a 404 piston ,4mm crank, ported banshee that was also shaved down and the polaris would smoke the banshee up the face of sand mountain utah. and out on the flats the polaris would again kill it until the banshee got into 6th then slowly pass the polaris.

400polaris vs 400ex

hey guys, take it from someone who has ridden both, bone stock in a drag race they run very close, depending on the rider, the EX may be alittle quicker but not more than 1/2 a tenth in 300ft, although the polaris responds better to mods than the 4 stroke EX, as far as a pipe goes ,, Aaen Top end pipe is really good for racing as is hotseat , although if you do alot of trial riding i like the dyno port pipe, it feels to me to have alot of torque .
    i do think the EX drives better in the woods.
    i have a 400 polaris with the aaen pipe , hpd 15.5:1 head, weisco piston, 38mm carb, and an assortment of clutch work. and is chopped and strutted for drag racing, it is very seldom that a race mod 400 EX outruns me.
    --and for you guys that like to bash on automatics, i also have a 400 polaris frame cut and stretched with a 670 skidoo rotax motor on it, so show me a manual shift atv that will outrun it in the drag

Originally posted by polarisracer
    yea but the 400 scrambler would beat it on take off...because all u gotta do on the scrambler is put it in gear and give it gas...most likely i would smoke it....the 400ex has to worry about if the front end is going to come up or not...and alot has to with the rider and if the person the 400ex knows how to run a clutch...well what do u guys think...and also it depends on where ur racin if ur on the open road or in the woods..later
    Wait! how would you beat a 400 off the line when they have half @ssed throttle response! In my situation, my 250x beats a trailblazer like nothin. i figure the trailblazer would be like the scrabler and my 250 would be the EX. i even beat him like 2 days after i got it and couldnt hardly run a clutch!
    Thank you for reading my post.

wow your comparing a 250 polaris to a 400, that is rediculous. yes when both machines are stock the polaris is a little bit faster until they reach the top speeds, a good rider on a 400 EX can keep it pretty close though

Originally posted by onefast400ex
    my 400 isnt stock. your the idiot. the scrambler was like 20 ft behind me in the race and lost

wow those handlebars and that bumper must really make you fast, ill bet if you'd put a pretty sticker on your ex it would go even quicker
    you amaze me

i have owned both the 400 2wd scrambler and a 400ex and the scrambler is faster, mabey not on top speed, but who cares about top speed.

now this is a funny thread to read. so ill continue the bench race.
    the polaris is 2 stroke but its auto , even though all you have to do is give it gas. the 4 stroke 400 was made to take the place of the 250r.(didnt) as honda's race quad. and everyone thats not on a scrambler knows how to "use a clutch", the reason the ex has to worry about the front end comming up is because its taking off twice as fast as the polaris. and what ever you do dont try to keep up with the 400ex in the trails, or it will make you look really bad. I wonder why no one with the 400ex is asking if a polaris will keep up in a drag ? THEY ALREADY KNOW IT CANT !!
    2006 trx450r
    2006 yfz450
    2008 400ex
    1999 400ex
    2008 250ex
    2011 rzr S

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678