Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 660r or 400ex?

660r or 400ex?

im looking for some input, a couple of my buddys each have a quad for sale, a 2001 400ex for $2,400, or a 2002 660r raptor for $2,300. both are mint but the raptor needs new rear bearings, what one do i go with. i love the reliabilty of the ex but, i hate to pass up the power of the 660. let me know what you think. thanks

2000 440 ex
    yoshimura full exhaust, ac nerfs, prm bumper, um air box, braided lines, magura hyd clutch, ars-fx + 1 aarms,
    custom axis shocks, wer stabilizer,
    hipers with blue rings and razr 2's
    protapers, burgard stem,
    oury grips, prm skids, cycra probend hand guards
    chrome burgard sub frame
    prm gwide grab bar

special thanks to
    pairanutz racing ,badlands offroad park,millcreek whitetail farm ,, buffalo creek scent products and wife and kids

400...the craptors suck. please don't get me started. I have owned a 400ex and ridden the raptors for enough to know they are garbage.

Originally posted by MixMasterMike
    400...the craptors suck. please don't get me started. I have owned a 400ex and ridden the raptors for enough to know they are garbage.
    O.k. that is funny. The Raptor is a far superior quad. Nothing against the Honda, but it is just outdated. Yes, you can put money into a 400ex and make them pretty spunky, but why? Stock for stock, the raptor smokes the 400ex everywhere, plus has reverse as a bonus.

Originally posted by Toyman220
    O.k. that is funny. The Raptor is a far superior quad. Nothing against the Honda, but it is just outdated. Yes, you can put money into a 400ex and make them pretty spunky, but why? Stock for stock, the raptor smokes the 400ex everywhere, plus has reverse as a bonus.
    thats news to me...how is a raptor going to be faster then a 400ex when you are working on it more than you ride it..raptor=money pit ...you dont get what you pay for. If I couldn't resell a raptor I wouldn't ever pay more than $2,000 for one brand new. Thats about all they are worth IMO

Originally posted by MixMasterMike
    thats news to me...how is a raptor going to be faster then a 400ex when you are working on it more than you ride it..raptor=money pit ...you dont get what you pay for. If I couldn't resell a raptor I wouldn't ever pay more than $2,000 for one brand new. Thats about all they are worth IMO
    Why is the Raptor such a money pit? Please fill me in on what all goes wrong with them will you? The only thing that I can think of is the 2001 trany prob. Other than that i would say they are a good ride.. I sold my 2002 400ex last year and bought a 2004 raptor and so far it's been a good all around ride. Anyway, I would have to say go with the Raptor.

You'll be satisfied with either...

Although I own a raptor, a lot of my friends ride ex's and i ride them all the time...

And as for what goes wrong with a raptor, its only the 01's, and i think the 400 ex owners only dis the raptor cause its that much better, and they pick out the 01 raptor problems and nag on them only. The newer raptors have no problems whatsoever.

2002+ raptor > 400ex
    Steve George #520

2007 Suzuki LTR 450 XC modded

It is a given that the 01 Raptor had tranny problems. After that though, I don't know what is wrong with them. I know alot of people that have owned raptors problem free for quite some time. Since the 01's, the only other complaint I hear from people about raptors is that they are too topheavy. I think that if you use body english when you ride them it pretty much eliminates the problem. The point is that you can get wheel spacers or a wider axle for the raptor to eliminate the top heavy feeling, but what would you have to spend to make the 400ex perform like the raptor?

get the ex, will save u in the long run

yo steve u gotta get ride of the rap and start ridin red bro
    _06 450R_
    _13 Hypermotard SP_

had:
    -2004 XR650L
    -2004 YFZ450
    -2002 426EX
    -2003 Z400
    -2002 300EX
    -1998 XR100

you can im me at: nj400ex

whatever happens happens, just live life to the fullest.

Raptors are way way way better then a 400EX. But 400EX are nice. It all depends on what condition they are in to. And what kind of riding you do.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast