Thread: rear brake pads.

rear brake pads.

I'm putting my new rear pads on, and they don't seem to fit. I mean they must fit, but im missing something. Heres the situation....

It seem the gap between the pads is smaller than the rotors width. I have like a 1/8" gap in between the pads, and the rotor is maybe about 1/4".

I have the caliper pushed in. Anyone know what I'm talking about here? I'm gonna look in the forums real quick and then go out there and mess with it again....
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

and i have a block off, no e brake
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

It looks like the bracket on the caliper, that holds the caliper to the swingarm is in the way. The bracket is located under where the new pads go, and it looks like the rotor would fit, inbetween the pads bud this darn brackets in the way.
    It looks like the bracket is held on by atleast 1 allen head bolt, and the and the second bolt I cant see because theres a rubber cover over it. erm... do i have to remove this bracket maybe?...

OMG... ok I just pushed that damn bracket I was talking about, with my bare hands and it went in... ..oops.

I'm reeeaaal dumb. :P

you shouldnt have to. What kind of pads are they?? i bought some EBC pads for mine once(for a 400EX) and they didnt fit right. the pads were too thick. i got some new stock pads and they fit right in perfect!!! they labeled the package wrong on the EBC's!!!
    Speed is 95% rider and 5% bike, better make that 5% count!

2000 TC 505EX Complete TC Motor and everything else you can imagine and more!!

ya they are ebc, I just didnt know the bracket moved like that.

New rear brakes dont fit. Try backing off your E-brake, back of your jam nut and back off your screw for your E-brake. Then put your new pads on and readjust E-brake. I had the same problem.
    2001 400ex
    AC Pro peg nerf bars
    AC Bumper with mud screen
    DG A-Arm, Swingarm, Full skid plates
    Outerwears red shock covers
    Dynojet kit (currently 165mj)
    42 piolet jet
    K&N filter w/precharger
    FMF Powercore IV-2 S/A
    Ported headpipe
    No air box lid
    Custom graphics