Thread: play in the steering??

play in the steering??

My friend has a 2001 300ex and when you sit on it and turn the handle bars it has about a inch of play when you turn it left and a inch of play when you turn it right, it seems like something is loose? has anyone else had this problem? everything seems to look tight, all input is appreciated, thanks
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db

Check were the tie rod bolts to the steering stem mine comes loose a lot there.

2 of my buddies have the same problem. loose tie rods at steering stem. keep em tight or they will egg shape.
    In memory of Christopher (Chrissy) Riley Andrews / 1-24-02 to 1-23-06
    we love you Chrissy

i just had the same problem,, but not that much play,, im a freak about worn bearings,, it might be the stearing stem bearing,,,,, try that
    :devil

I took one of my outer tire-rods off when day to grease it and then put it back on. Well the next day I went riding and got back and it seemed the tire-rods were wore out. So I took the tire off and checked the tie-rod. The bolt had come completely loose and was only held on by the carter key. I used red loct-te to hold it on and haven't had any problems since.