Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2001 400ex w/ Cr500 motor FS/Trade

2001 400ex w/ Cr500 motor FS/Trade

Selling this for a friend, so please bear with me.

It's a 2001 400ex with a 92 Cr500 liquid cooled motor installed and rubber mounted. Frame has been heavily reinforced. The motor is in excellent shape and runs great. It has a slight port job (believe me, that's all this motor needs to FLY) Compression is unbelievable, clutch is buttery smooth, and the transmission shifts great. Overall, motor is in excellent shape.

This quad comes with:

TCS fully adjustable shocks w/ sag control
    Tag bar kit with Hermann racing clamp
    Nerfs
    Holeshots on all 4 corners
    FMF pipe w/ spark arrestor silencer

My friend built this quad last year and only has a couple rides on it. He's decided to move on to something a little more practical for the type of riding he does. He was planning on building this quad into a crazy dune machine, but pretty much lost interest. This quad is ready to ride as is, but please keep in mind that this type of conversion will always require a little more maintenance than a stock quad. Especially with the bolts around the engine area, they like to work themselves loose.

Price: $2350

Front shocks alone were over $500, motor was over $1000, extra parts, etc...

Again, this is not a beginner machine! It WILL buck an inexperienced rider off. Please only serious inquiries.

Will also trade for? Whatcha got? 4-wheelers only please. He's mostly looking for a 250r or banshee.

I HAVE PICTURES! Email me for them.

Are you interested in trading it for a jetski? I have three and I want a quad. Please let me know ..or you can call me Tim @ (717) 456-5375

email me some pics if you could yzcrashbandit796@aol.com

very interested.... pics please ras928@woh.rr.com

True courage is not the absence of fear, but the will to overcome it---Mrs Quigley

There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
    - Gen Douglas MacArthur

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and the will to carry on."
    - Walter Lippmann, 1889-1974
    98% of the teenage population will try, does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this into your signature

$2350 thats a steal!!
    JAMES

2004 Black SE YFZ450 Fasst Flexx Bars | Namura High comp. piston | DID heavy duty cam chain | GYTR Kicker| SS brake lines| GYTR pipe & filter | DG fat nerfs | Full skid plates | AC Grab bar | 4 razr 2s on ITP rims| Gibson steering stabilizer | DOXO graphics | Pro Armor bumper | powermadds

2004 Yellow LTZ400 - White bros slip on | uni filter w/ outerwears & no lid | Fly ATV bars | denton steering stabilizer | Klaw Fronts & Knarly Rears | Works Shocks

1972 Kawasaki 100
    1993 Chevy S10 Pickup
    AIM Walls450

sorry, not interested in a jetski

here are a couple pics of the quad:

Oh, and it's a heck of a deal... but it's priced pretty cheap because my buddy that did the conversion did it right, and it's solid, but his welds don't look the greatest. They're strong and got good penetration, but they aren't pretty, lol.

$1500.00.
    2004 yfz450
    big secret.

2004 yamaha sx venom
    -1400 miles
    -$3300.00

LIFELESS-" i may work at HONDA, but i ride a YAMAHA."

Originally posted by nhyfzrider
    $1500.00.
    2004 yfz450
    -full gytr
    -cam mod