Thread: YFZ 450 front brake master cylinder on a 250R?

YFZ 450 front brake master cylinder on a 250R?

Anyone know if the YFZ 450 front brake master cylinder will work on a Honda 250R? Thanks...

anyone know if any other mfg's front brake master cylinder will work on a 250r???? I really don't want to buy an oem one for $200!! Thanks...

You just need to get the right style of brake line, and you can run any master cylinder you want.

Some of the mc's require a front mount, and some require a side mount. I don't remember which way a 250r mounts, but as long as you use the same style mount point you can use any manufacturer you want.
    Thanks to my 2010 sponsors/supporters:
    CV4
    BNR Motorsports
    GT Thunder
    Spider Grips
    Scott USA
    Powermadd

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"

Ok, I just did some searching, and it looks like the R's had front mounted brake lines coming off the master cylinder. So, just find a master cylinder off another bike/quad that is front mounted, and it should work just fine.
    Thanks to my 2010 sponsors/supporters:
    CV4
    BNR Motorsports
    GT Thunder
    Spider Grips
    Scott USA
    Powermadd

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"

OK, thanks! Any idea off hand if the YFZ450 will work then? The reason I ask is that I aready have a set of YFZ450 braided brake lines...thanks again...

EAST TN NEAR WINROCK,BITTERCREEK, AND GOBIE

250r front master cylinder

A late model 400ex works very well and $46.00
    88"310xcR- ct310,GPR ,houser +1stem,elka front ,hiper wheels,fmf h-40 pipe,V-force,air stryker,lonestar rearaxle,antifade+carrier,wave rotors,Quadtechhood,protapers,prm plate =bumpers,KLOTZ lubes,Axis rearshock,burgard swing and a-arms, 86xcR- under cons. 350PV cylinder,LRD bb pipe Vforce,Air stryker,elkas,c-series (black),red maier,Houser -1 swingarm,hinson,late model tranny with yukon gears,ac propegs,sitting on crate while collecting more funds.

XC430EX - 11:1piston,edelbrock carb,Curtis sparks X-6,mod head,stage2 cam,hinson8plate,works rezzy fronts,axis rear,hi pers,holeshot xct's,burgard +1's,pro tapers,wave rotors,prm plates + bumpers 88'XC310R - 38air stryker,Vforce,fmf h-40 pipe,pro tapers,burgard stem+1 a-arms,wave rotors,rpm axle+axle housing,hi pers,holeshot HD's,Laeger swingarm,axis front+rears,hinson,pep damper,WER damper too,sunstar,regina,cycra,renthal,KLOTZ lubes 86'350PV R - CTcylinder,40.5mm pwk,LRD BB pipe,hinson clutches,Vforce,burgard-1 swingarm,ac propegs,and running out of greenage so she resting on a crate for little while!