Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gecko's and the dunes

Gecko's and the dunes

Just curious if anyone has had personal experience with the new style paddles... and if so..compare it to what you had before.. thanks.
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    K&N filtering/moded airbox
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

I've got 'em and they do a really good job. They climb the hills like a straight paddle, but are easy enough to break loose if you want to powerslide around a corner. Right now, I'm experimenting with air pressure in them. Going to Sand Lake on Friday for another ride on them.
    '06 Raptor 700R
    '04 V-Force

NW Quadriders

I really like mine. they hook up great

Thanks for the info..PLEASE let me know how it goes when you get back from your ride.. I am thinking about getting them because I am a sandman (insert Metallica song)..so if they really are a better tire then I am all up in that...
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

Do you think the Gecko tires would do well with a 300ex? With less power than the 400 I'm wondering if it's to much tire for my stock 300. Then again, like I need an excuss to start adding a little power by changing out the air filter / pipes / jets / etc...

What's your thoughts on these tires with a little less power?

i heard they will work on a stock blaster and the 300 has more power than a 300.

dave
    1986 Honda 265R, New 89 motor, ported and polished by East Coast ATV, New Stock Honda clutch/clutch basket, FMF reed cage/ spacer/ and rad valve, 38mm keihn airstriker carb, K&N w/ outerwares, FMF fatty pipe, powercore 2 and Q silencer, Laeger +2 arms, Maier plastics, BAD saddle seat cover, Works triple rate steelers w/ rezzies, MOB aluminum swingarm, Lonestar dualrow bearing carrier, Durablue +2 axle, Durablue adjustable strut, AC Bumper, AC grab bar, AC nerfs, AC chassis skid, Lonestar anti-vibe steering stem, Lonestar handlebar clamp, Renthal bars, Douglas 190's w/ holeshots, Front and rear SS brake lines, Speed easy pull clutch lever, anti-fade locknut, SS bolt kit, Rocky mountain swingarm skid, and some more little goodies!

Football, baseball, soccer, golf, and tennis
    all take one ball
    Racing takes two!

SN: CrasHing3283

Thanks for letting me know they work on a Blaster (My son has a 2001 Blaster so at least I'm familiar with its power.)

I'm off you buy a set of Gecko K534's along with 160 gauge Douglas rims for riding this weekend! I'll let you all know how they work.

See you all at South Jetty on Saturday.

Originally posted by Deathbringer
    Thanks for the info..PLEASE let me know how it goes when you get back from your ride.. I am thinking about getting them because I am a sandman (insert Metallica song)..so if they really are a better tire then I am all up in that...
    Asssuming I can get a pair of Gecko's this week and have them for Saturday IF you are riding at South Jetty, you're welcome to put them on and give them a try... Let me know and we can hook up somehow!

I will be at Winchester on the 27 and 28th of this month..also riding spinreal, boxcar and those areas..but yeah I would love to give them a shot..
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

Sorry Deathbringer, I only have time for South Jetty this weekend, then I'm out of state for the following weekend while you're riding Winchester.

I've decided to buy the Sand Skate II 20" tires with the red label Douglas. Just seems to be what I "think" will work best for my stock 300ex.

Maybe we can meet up some other time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast