Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 416 or 426 stroker

Hybrid View

416 or 426 stroker

im thinkin of buildin my ex into a 416 or 426. leanin towards the 416 but was told by tom at TC to go with 426. but also thinkin about doin a stroker. my ? is for u guys who have done strokers with an EX. what kind of parts did u put in, and where from. and wat kind of power in crease can i expect?? thanks for the help
    team hoser
    2004 yfz 450
    trackside performance
    rath racing
    Leo Vince exhaust
    four/oneal gear
    Elka suspension
    Janssen motorsports

I have been reading alot about diffrent motors, to build up for me after this year, But from what iv decided i think that im going to go with a 416 bore, And a 4mm stroke, witch should put me around a 440stroker!!!, U still have a small/light pistion, that will rev quicker, and U will increase the stroke, whitch should increase tourge also!!! I think thats gona be my motor of choice, and then when im done with that, I might go bigger mabey 465/ or FST500!!! this might not help you, But thats what i have been thinking about for me!!!!
    05 Gt Thunder Trx490r
    WHITEHORSE RACING
    RISSLER EXTEREME ATV
    PRM, AXE racing, FASST bars, GPR, IMS-Roll, DID chains, HRC, JT sprockets, GT Thunder link, Hipers, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Custom Axis, LSR (stem,arms swinger carrier hubs), Axecalliber axil, QuadTech, T&T Racing, Spider, UNI, Pivot works, mxprographx,

WHITEHORSE RACING Trx416ex
    Razor 2's 23"-22"s,IMS tank,Galfer Steal Brake Lines,Denton Stabilizer,Herrmann +1 swingarm,Herrmann Racing Seat latch,Hotcams Stage one,Port and polish,Dynojets,Wesico,Tag Bars,PRM Bumper,PRM Skids,Rad carriers,Spyder grips,All Balls,LRD Exhaust,Green Frame,Stock Red Front Plastic,Gray Maier Rear Plastics ,Elkas Shocks Up Front,STocker Rear Shock,Blown elka rear in the shop!

Knox Racing 1987 trx250r (under construction)

stroke it, port and polish it and get a good cam and pipe=tons of power.... youll love it.
    05 TRX 450R Long travel
    01 465EX with lots of goodies SOLD
    05 F350 SD 4x4 Lifted

Is the port and polish really worth it even with the piston and cam? I have heard not for a 400 but some say yes.
    Thanks.

the 400ex doesnt flow that well, bigger piston means more air through same size holes. make em bigger and itll do that much better.
    05 TRX 450R Long travel
    05 F350 SD 4x4 Lifted

Thanks. Makes sense.

also it make them flow better. Intake side should be rough. thats to make fuel atomize better for better performance burning. exhaust side is polished and smooth. this is so exhaust flows smooth out and gets out faster to make the performance.
    05 TRX 450R Long travel
    05 F350 SD 4x4 Lifted

IF money isnt a big issue, You can put bigger valves, and rockers, and And do some amazing work on that head, and You will deffintally notice the diffrence!!!

BUt i think your right, U notice porting alot more on 2-strokes!!!
    05 Gt Thunder Trx490r
    WHITEHORSE RACING
    RISSLER EXTEREME ATV
    PRM, AXE racing, FASST bars, GPR, IMS-Roll, DID chains, HRC, JT sprockets, GT Thunder link, Hipers, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Custom Axis, LSR (stem,arms swinger carrier hubs), Axecalliber axil, QuadTech, T&T Racing, Spider, UNI, Pivot works, mxprographx,

WHITEHORSE RACING Trx416ex
    Razor 2's 23"-22"s,IMS tank,Galfer Steal Brake Lines,Denton Stabilizer,Herrmann +1 swingarm,Herrmann Racing Seat latch,Hotcams Stage one,Port and polish,Dynojets,Wesico,Tag Bars,PRM Bumper,PRM Skids,Rad carriers,Spyder grips,All Balls,LRD Exhaust,Green Frame,Stock Red Front Plastic,Gray Maier Rear Plastics ,Elkas Shocks Up Front,STocker Rear Shock,Blown elka rear in the shop!

Knox Racing 1987 trx250r (under construction)

thats because they flow twice as much air. a 2-stroke make spower on everystroke where a 4-stroke only makes power on everyother stroke.
    05 TRX 450R Long travel
    05 F350 SD 4x4 Lifted

I have a TC 426 kit with everything in my sig. I have the complete kit from tom with everything except the stroked crank. If you are going to get a stroker I would reccomend the 426 size bore, headwork, and with the stroker it should really cook! TC has done stroker cranks on many EX's and so has Powroll so either of those companies are the ones I would trust to do it.
    -Paul

**Full TC 426cc national kit (rebuilt, back in business)**

-13:1 JE piston, national port+polish, lightened flywheel, port matched carb boot, TC 924 MX cam, TC hi rev CDI, oversize head stud kit, CRF cam chain, Carrillo HD rod, Sparks X-6 exhaust, FST auxillary oil cooler, PEP shocks, Laeger's +3 A-arms, JB Racing +1.25 swingarm, LSR axle, RPM tapered carrier, blue Maier plastic, Quadtech hood, Nacs graphics, seat cover, case saver, bar clamps etc, Renthal CR-Hi bend bars, Arens stem, Pro Design Pro Flow kit w/K&N, Outerwears airbox, snorkel hole + filter covers, RAD locknut, PEP E-Z pull clutch lever, Steel Braided brake lines, Razr MX tires, Douglas rims, Pro Armor nerfs, AC bumper, Rath seat latch, Motion Pro cables, WB e-brake block off, DID X-ring chain, Sidewinder sprockets, probably some more Im forgetting...

R.I.P Kelly Chang

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast