Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with next power-up

Help with next power-up

Hey guys,

I have a 2002 400ex and just did a couple mods. I got the full big gun exhaust ( I know the head pipe isn't doing much now, but I plan to make it work) k&n power-up kit, wb rev limiter, and a twist throttle to harken back to my mx days. So, where should I go from here? I have also altered my sprockets a bit for top-end. I have heard from simple kits like changing to a high compression piston and an xr400 cam all the way to the 465 kit.
    I like what a hear about the 440 but then I hear about two ways to install it. So guys, I leave myself to the mercy of your wisdom. I would like a significant increase throughout the powerband. I do not intend to race this quad. My riding is mostly the trails of Michigan. Further, please let me know your opinions on side items too. Should I change the carb when doing the 440, etc. Thanks bros!!

hey, I just put the 330kit in to my 300ex and i didnt put in a new carb. i jetted it so that i could get in a rich enough mixture for the new piston. The new quicksilver carberators from eldebrock are nice but i know that u dont like just low end improvements so i wouldnt reccomend one for your bike, i think you should put in a 416kit and a xr400 cam that should be a nice steady boost throught the povercurve.
    1999 300 EX
    -Gradon Proline T6 nerf bars
    -Armadillo 6 pack rack
    -Armadillo swingarm guard

^4-sale^

hp gains are a factor of $ invested..

you can go mild with a high comp piston / mild cam

or go wild with the 440, wild cam, carb, etc...

I guess it depends a lot on your budjet

Leo
    You know the world is going crazy when France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war.

Marysville, OH Northern Cambria, PA (hometown)
    i would do a 416 kit if i were u... it will give u the same power as a 440 and ur said ur gonna ride trails and i think the 440 will run to hot for trails... i think a 416 would be a better choice for u... u most likly will be happy with a xr400 cam (rico and knighttime love there 416 and xr400 cam machines) i decided to go with a tc mx grind cam like my motor builder told me 2... its all on ur budget and what u are willing to spend but the 416 is the better route to go i think...
    2009 Cbr600RR Phoenix

WE ARE PENN STATE!!!!!!

If all you do is Trail Ride I would check out the TC Racing 425. It has Won a GNCC Championship the last 3 or so Years. It is a very good Setup. That`s what I will be doing. All it is, is a 425 Piston, TC XC Cam, and a TC Pipe. Now you already have a Pipe. You could also get a Carb. I would get the 425 Piston, XC Cam, and a FCR 39mm Carb. I think that Setup would be a Torque Monster.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

Are TC Racing products difficult to find or is it just me? Please let me know where they can be located.

Thanks

Go to TC Racings site . You could also do machine work to the engine. Port & polish, mill the head, etc. BTW, what do you mean about the head pipe not doing much now, but you plan to make it work?
    03 Predator w/ TrailTech X-bars & clamp, WB slip-on, custom K&N intake, Edelbrock carb

06 Raptor, Houser +2 A-arms, LSR +4 axle, FMF PowerBomb Header w/ Two Bros slip on, ProDesign K&N intake kit, TrailTech X-bars, clamp & Vapor computer, PC III USB

I don`t really think TC`s Stuff is hard to Find. You will have to Call Tom at 814-723-3514 or you could Call Rocky Ridge Racing.
    Thanks for the Support: Maier, Moto-Xperts, Rekluse, Teixeira Tech, Fox Racing Shox, BK Performance, DWT, Rath Racing, Quadtech, Streamline Brakes, Precision Racing Products, PowerMadd, Spider Grips, ASV Inventions, IMS Products, CV4, UNI.

What is the cost for a TC 425 / 416? Is there no egine kits that you can put together yourself????

Well the TC XC Motor I am going to Build is a Piston, Cam, and his Pipe. It is a TC 425 Piston, TC XC Cam, and a TC Pipe. That is the Setup best for Torque. Now you could take a 416 Piston and put it with a XC Cam and TC Pipe. There is all kinds of things you could do. I would Call TC Racing Engines for more Info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast