Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: possible new racer

possible new racer

hey, i just turned 15 and i've been riding quads since i was 3-4 years old on nothin but trails. i'm a pretty good rider, i can buzz through the trails at wayne national forest topped out in 5th gear if that tells u anything. the biggest jump i've ever hit is like 3 ft tall lol. i woudld like to start racing but i don't have a clue on how to get started or how too jump or anything along those lines. any information would be greatly appreciated.
    2001 416EX
    FMF powerbomb header
    Pro Circuit t-4 slipon
    dynojet stage 2
    AC front bumper
    AC nerfs
    PRM air scoops
    pro sport bandit rears
    work dual rate rezzies
    pro tapered bars
    nacs seat cover
    lots of stickers!

03 kx65 *for sale* pm for details

If you wreck, your ridin too hard, if you don't wreck, your not ridin hard enough!

IT MUST SUCK TO RIDE LIKE YOU!

What kind of racing. Theres many kinds such as mx, cross country, hare scrambles, tt, flat track ect.
    District 34 #7

There is a cra harescramble in Mansfield on the 24th of this month.

That type of race would probly fit your riding style better. It wouldnt be that far away from you. And cra races are pretty affordable.

Here is the cra website.

http://home.alltel.net/racecra/

if you ride trails race woods but racing is a humbling experience my first race I was so beat and got smoked riding fast is diff than racing
    Big Nuts Racing
    Ryan Smith-sixth Open Quad CRA
    2006 GNCC 4strk B
    Rob Smith-Utility Champion CRA
    2006 GNCC utility modified
    Matt Bennet-Open Bike 2nd CRA
    2006 GNCC Open A Bike
    www.bignutzracing.com

Originally posted by yoshz400rider
    if you ride trails race woods but racing is a humbling experience my first race I was so beat and got smoked riding fast is diff than racing
    yep seen alot of good trail riders go dam just do it now dont start at 50 like i did.i still have fun just pace yourself

i was thinking about a kinda flat track kinda race but not tt or anything like that. whats a hair scamble?
    2001 416EX
    FMF powerbomb header
    Pro Circuit t-4 slipon
    dynojet stage 2
    AC front bumper
    AC nerfs
    PRM air scoops
    pro sport bandit rears
    work dual rate rezzies
    pro tapered bars
    nacs seat cover
    lots of stickers!

If you wreck, your ridin too hard, if you don't wreck, your not ridin hard enough!

Its a 1hr xc race.

They have flat track at galion but there arent any more races till next year.

If you can ride fast throught the trails try the hare scrambels. They look like a blast. I started racing MX this year, and I would do harescrambels if we had them around here. Anyway it a blast to get out there and compete against differnet people. Also you get to meet and make alot of new friends. It is a great experience. Just remember don't go thinking your gonna win just have fun.
    2004 WR/YFZ 450
    SPONSORS
    Could not have gotten either bike together with out the help of my sponsors
    EXTREME MOTORSPORTS
    THE FOLKS RACING
    Venom Atv
    BCS Performance
    I am a MONAVIE Distributor - Contact me if interested in the new All natural enerdy drink. Lasts longer and make you feel better than any other energy drink on the market

Try some local Harescrammbles, and see what u think, then go out and race at cross Country race, they are a little more wide open, and some have a few MX tracks in them!! U dont have to jump in those races to be competitive, U just make that time up in the woods!!!!!!
    05 Gt Thunder Trx490r
    WHITEHORSE RACING
    RISSLER EXTEREME ATV
    PRM, AXE racing, FASST bars, GPR, IMS-Roll, DID chains, HRC, JT sprockets, GT Thunder link, Hipers, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Custom Axis, LSR (stem,arms swinger carrier hubs), Axecalliber axil, QuadTech, T&T Racing, Spider, UNI, Pivot works, mxprographx,

WHITEHORSE RACING Trx416ex
    Razor 2's 23"-22"s,IMS tank,Galfer Steal Brake Lines,Denton Stabilizer,Herrmann +1 swingarm,Herrmann Racing Seat latch,Hotcams Stage one,Port and polish,Dynojets,Wesico,Tag Bars,PRM Bumper,PRM Skids,Rad carriers,Spyder grips,All Balls,LRD Exhaust,Green Frame,Stock Red Front Plastic,Gray Maier Rear Plastics ,Elkas Shocks Up Front,STocker Rear Shock,Blown elka rear in the shop!

Knox Racing 1987 trx250r (under construction)

is that track in galion open for practice or anything like that? whats xc? is jumping hard?
    2001 416EX
    FMF powerbomb header
    Pro Circuit t-4 slipon
    dynojet stage 2
    AC front bumper
    AC nerfs
    PRM air scoops
    pro sport bandit rears
    work dual rate rezzies
    pro tapered bars
    nacs seat cover
    lots of stickers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast