Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning Ticket!

Exclamation Warning Ticket!

Ok guys, need some advice here. Last night I got a "warning ticket" for doing 70 in a 55. The Trooper and I agreed that my speedometer was off and needed to be calibrated since I have slightly bigger tires on my car then what comes stock.

Anyways, I'm trying to decide whether or not to tell my parents about the ticket, b/c Dad has said numerous time if I got a ticket he would take the car. I know this is a warning ticket but I'm still not too fond of the thought of having my car taken away.

Do warning tickets show up on insurance or is there anyway they could find out if I don't tell them? I fear telling them but I also fear not telling them and it showing up a little ways down the road.

Thanks for your help fellas!
    Ultra fast stock 250EX!!! j/k

1992 Pontiac Firebird

I'm a tar heel born I'm a tar heel bred, and when I die I'm a tar heel dead!! Go Heels!!

AIM: Fbirdheelsfan1

Q: How many NC State fans does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: 3. 1 to change it and 2 to talk about how they did it as well as anybody in Chapel Hill.

Listen to Led Zeppelin. Right now. Go.

Re: Warning Ticket!

Originally posted by balla250ex
    Ok guys, need some advice here. Last night I got a "warning ticket" for doing 70 in a 55. The Trooper and I agreed that my speedometer was off and needed to be calibrated since I have slightly bigger tires on my car then what comes stock.

Anyways, I'm trying to decide whether or not to tell my parents about the ticket, b/c Dad has said numerous time if I got a ticket he would take the car. I know this is a warning ticket but I'm still not too fond of the thought of having my car taken away.

Do warning tickets show up on insurance or is there anyway they could find out if I don't tell them? I fear telling them but I also fear not telling them and it showing up a little ways down the road.

Thanks for your help fellas!
    A warning is just that... a warning. Not a ticket, no points or fine. And best of all, nothing will come in the mail for your parents to find!

I don't know about where you are from, but we have no warning tickets here. You either get a warning or a ticket. Warnings do not show up. Just don't speed and you won't have to worry about your parents.
    Brent Hand
    01 YELLOW 400 EX

Stage 1 Cam, CDI/Rev Box, Ignition, K&N filter, Prefilter, 160 Main Jet, 40 Pilot Jet, Aluminium Battery Relocater Air Box, No Lid, Shockwears, Air Scoops, Tie Rods, DG Nerf Bars, Foot Peg Extenders, DG Front Bumper, DG Full Body Skid Plate, DG Rear Skid Plate, DG A-arm Guards, Rear Brake Accembly Guard, Master Cylander Guard, 14 Tooth Front Sprocket, WB E Series Slip On, TAG X5 Bars, Razrs

ok... I did'nt think so but I just needed to check and be sure before I hid the truth.
    Ultra fast stock 250EX!!! j/k

1992 Pontiac Firebird

I'm a tar heel born I'm a tar heel bred, and when I die I'm a tar heel dead!! Go Heels!!

AIM: Fbirdheelsfan1

Q: How many NC State fans does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: 3. 1 to change it and 2 to talk about how they did it as well as anybody in Chapel Hill.

Listen to Led Zeppelin. Right now. Go.

i think he means its like a written warning. We have those here. Its not a ticket, but its on a paper that has all the BS to fill out.
    01' Honda 400ex
    440 kit 11:1 piston
    Hotcams stage 2
    Port/Polish
    Uni Filter with airlid hole filters
    Elka triple rate front shocks
    Elka Rear Dual Rate Conversion
    DG nerfs
    HMF Full System w/ Blue can
    Tinner Scoops
    Terry cable throttle
    Powermadd Handguards
    Full Frame Guards
    Full Skid Plates
    Powder Coat Orange Frame/ Yellow plastic

I got a ticket 2 days after I got my driver's license when I 16 . Ticket for speeding in a hospital zone and running a red light ( yeah great first ticket ) . ANyways the cop gave me the option of taking the fine which was about $300 and lose 4 points or go down to the police station and write a test which costs $70 and I don't lose points nor does it affect my insurance . I asked him for directions to the police station . LOL I never told my dad about the ticket ..... that was 5 years ago . I did tell my mom and she never told him because she told me that she got a ticket and never told my dad ..... infact my mom lost her license and never told him . I now have black mail on my mom
    2004 Yamaha Grizzly 660 .... Loaded !!!!

Working Together Towards A Common Goal --- Quitting Time !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx75Zoa_kVw&feature=related

never heard of a warning ticket but i say dont tell ur parents, especially if itl cost ya ur car.
    ED B.
    '08 f-150 supercrew
    '03 ford exploder

dont have those down here wish we did

theres good and bad ways to go about htis, either way if ya tell your parents you are at risk of getting your truck whatever ya have taken away, but if ya dont tell and it shows up down the road then ya are in deep sh1t,

i really have no clue what to do, dont tell anyone who cant keep secrets, and i guess if everyone is saying that it wont show up then dont tell them
    San Diego, CA
    04' Z400
    alba jet kit, alba full pipe system, outerwear, k&n, alba pro flow billet adapter, alba chassis skid, alba kory ellis blue graphix, alba nerf bars, tag x5 bars, burgard +2 arms, AC racing bumper, OMF scoops, custom grill, custom grab bar, and sand star paddles all the way around with ITP t-9/s, front holeshot 20x6x10, and 18x10.5x9 kenda klaws, custom gussets, +2 custom steering stem, hella light, alba cdi, shockwears, front works w/out rezzies

Re: Re: Warning Ticket!

Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
    A warning is just that... a warning. Not a ticket, no points or fine. And best of all, nothing will come in the mail for your parents to find!
    Exactly, just thank your lucky stars he was nice about it. Be careful from now on.
    05 Green Kawi P700, Warn 1.5ci, 25" Maxxis Bighorns, Maroon Primary, Black Secondary, NYROC exhaust mod, Twin Air filter, 145/142 jetting, Dyna CDI, Trimmed fenders, Progressive suspension, Z-Lined racks, Powermadd Handguards, Trapper Quad Case storage box

tell him...either way, you will be thankful you did later on down the road. he may ***** at you now...but you'll get the plus of him knowing your honest with him

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast