Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chain for 400ex

Chain for 400ex

What is a good chain for a 2002 400ex there are so many out there so just need some input Thanks

i wood go with stock 520
    TT RACER
    #23 2003 400ex
    curtis sparks x-6
    Dynojet Jet Kit
    HotCam's Stage 1 Cam

RK o- ring
    GNCC #107

2005 sponsors:
    For Dirt Only, Troy Racing, Klotz, Simpson/GS3, SixSixOne, Scott Goggles, Factory Effex, Twin Air, RK Racing Chains, Works Connection, Lester ATV, Cycra, DP Brakes, Outerwears

I personally like the Sidewinder Non o-rings.

Its a very strong chain, I've had to stand on and jump on this chain about 10times when I was having a problem with a carrier that kept loosening. (it was locked between the sporcket and case saver when it would pop off) So I know its real strong.

Its gives you a little bit more Hp, and I think if you oil it often it will last probably longer than an o ring, because there is no rubber parts that can wear off.

I bought mine slightly used over 2 years ago. And by the way it looks now I'm guessing I will easily have it atleast another 2+ years.

I actually only oil my chain about 6 a yr... I keep forgetting.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

when it was time for a new chain for me, i asked this too. most of the racers recommended the DID x-ring. that is what i ended up getting. i have no compaints.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

The D.I.D X-Ring is what I run..Have had no problems so far..
    Broke and trying to sell everything..

Exriders Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

xrin is a waste of money...get a 520 oring off ebay

x-ring is a much better chain. Go to the d.i.d website and check there..It isnt much more money and holds the lubrication better.
    Broke and trying to sell everything..

Exriders Feedback
    Ebay Feedback

i got a D.I.D. x ring and really like it, its held up good, and when changing chains, make sure u inspect ur sprokets, dont wanna wear a new chain
    '03 Yellow 400ex
    '03 Red 400ex
    '88 Trx 300 4x4

How's my typing? I'd like to know. Dail 1-800-KISS-MYAZ

i have not proven it but I believe xring holds dirt inside the grooves of therings because the rings are shaped like an -X- where the oring just lets the dirt kinda slide around and out...I would save my money & just stay with an oring...xring sounds fancier & thats about it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast