Thread: engine mods I NEED HELP DECIDING

Exclamation engine mods I NEED HELP DECIDING

i have a 2000 400ex and so far it has:
    full yoshimura pipe
    edlebrock quicksilver
    K&N air filter no air box lid
    works suspention
    razors

i want to get some more power and i plan to spend about $800 to $1000 should i go with a 416 or a 426 i thought about the 440 but i heard their known for overheating. i also would like to be able to run pump gas so should i go with a 11:1. I do some woods riding but i mostly do drag racing and road riding

Check some of my mods. It seems we do similar riding and I am pretty happy with everything. Goodluck. Reaper
    '02 440ex, I.M.S. big bore 88.5mm J.E. piston, Edelbrock 440 carb, stage 1 Hotcam, U.M. oversized oil tank, Roll Design shifter and brake levers, Tag t-2 bar kit, 14 th front sproket, renthal chain, F.M.F titanium exaust and Powerbomb headers, D.G. skids all the way around, A.C nerfs, I.M.S. foot-pegs w/kick-ups, I.M.S. heelguards, Elka triple rate with rez fronts, Elka dual-rate rear, Barnett clutch,White Bros rev kit, brakes, Motion-Pro kill switch, Duncan Racing front bumper, rear hubs, O.M.F scoops, One Ind. seat and graphics, New race-cut Fullbore Innovations Plastic[silver], I.T.P xcr's on c-series 10's 21 up front, 20 rear {and big Razor's for the mud}

enduro400rider, what kind of piston came with that IMS kit? You know that makes it a 430 right?

go with the 416 JE or Ross(Ross is the same as the JE...just lighter and revs a little faster) 10:8.1 piston, and if you drag race a lot, I would look into the hotcam stage 2. Also a port and polish would be a good idea. With that cam, you will also want a rev box, I have a Magnum and have 0 problems with it. You will also want to get the stiffer valve springs so your valves don't start floating when you are revving that fast. Them are some pretty basic motor upgrades...good luck man on whatever you choose to do!
    Nick Reid

Special Thanks Goes To C&D Racing!