Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1600 psi pressure washer is it worth it?

Question 1600 psi pressure washer is it worth it?

Looking at 1600 psi electric pres washer for cleaning the quads and bikes. Anybody have or try one of these things. If so is it worth a hundred bucks or should I save my money.

Thanks BC
    BC 2002 400ex

worst town I've ever lived in... Spencer,OH
    They work well for removing stickers and pushing dirt into seals. Seriously theres no replacement for elbow grease and a garden hose.
    I am now quadless...

Blah, blah, blah...... Pressure washers are fine as long as you use common sense. don't point it directly at seals, electrical components, etc.

And I actually believe his question was if the PSI was strong enough to make it worth the cash.

Yes, they get the job done. It just will take you a little longer than say a 2300, but it will getter done faster than the hose and brush. Especially if you have multiple quads.
    Thanks to my 2010 sponsors/supporters:
    CV4
    BNR Motorsports
    GT Thunder
    Spider Grips
    Scott USA
    Powermadd

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"

Originally posted by Flynbryan19
    Blah, blah, blah...... Pressure washers are fine as long as you use common sense. don't point it directly at seals, electrical components, etc.

And I actually believe his question was if the PSI was strong enough to make it worth the cash.

Yes, they get the job done. It just will take you a little longer than say a 2300, but it will getter done faster than the hose and brush. Especially if you have multiple quads.
    Is the attitude really neccesary???
    I am now quadless...

I have had 2 of the electric type and neither one lasted very long. my next one will be gas.
    03 400ex. HMF s/o. XR cam. sparks flywheel key. chokeless. pep dampener.AC bumper.PRM skids.Tinner scoops.Arens nerfs.

Originally posted by 300exOH
    Is the attitude really neccesary???
    Sorry, you were just the "straw that broke the camel's back" on how many people I've heard bad talk pressure washers like they're the plague....lol.

As I said theres absolutely nothing wrong with them as long as you use common sense, and maintnance/lube your machine on a regular basis like your susposed to.

Never take what I say to heart. I'm basically never mad when I make responses. It just seems that way on the net.....I guess I'm just not eliquent enough with words. lol
    Thanks to my 2010 sponsors/supporters:
    CV4
    BNR Motorsports
    GT Thunder
    Spider Grips
    Scott USA
    Powermadd

"I can do all things through Christ Jesus who strengthens me"

my electric washer is supposed to be of 1 bar... that's 14.000 psi!!!! and it isn't so powerful.. wtf
    2001 400EX w/ mods

Originally posted by Flynbryan19
    Sorry, you were just the "straw that broke the camel's back" on how many people I've heard bad talk pressure washers like they're the plague....lol.

As I said theres absolutely nothing wrong with them as long as you use common sense, and maintnance/lube your machine on a regular basis like your susposed to.

Never take what I say to heart. I'm basically never mad when I make responses. It just seems that way on the net.....I guess I'm just not eliquent enough with words. lol
    No problem. Apology accepted. I didn't mean to bite your head off.

I personally don't care much for pressure washers for quads. It just seems that by the time you get out the washer and set it up you could have just hand washed it. Plus it doesn't cost anything extra and there's no risk of damage to the quad. Also I know for a fact I can do a better job than any pressure washer since I used to detail cars for a living. But...to each his own.
    I am now quadless...

i believe 1 bar is about 14.5 (fourteen point five) psi?
    2007 yfz450
    2011 rancher fpm

i sell them and hate them
    waste of time effort and money

2000 psi min and gas

lotsa grease afterwords

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast