Thread: getting used to/breaking in new riding boots

Hybrid View

Question getting used to/breaking in new riding boots

I just got my new THOR ATV boots in the mail today and they feel like I'm wearing ski boots.
    I was thinking of wearing them tomorrow for a stroll through the woods to break them in a little. I can't see how I'm going to be able to shift with these things till they're broken in.
    Any tips?
    -Tony

86 TRX250R
    ?? Arens 265R
    06 Evolution 9

tonight when you take a shower dump soap allllllllll inside them and wear them in the shower, dry them out and walk around the house in them. do this for about a week then ride your *** off. thats what me and my buddies have always done with riding boots, new wake board bindings, hell even new shoes. best way ive found...next best thing...wear them...all the time...
    1987 TRX 250x
    2001 300ex

Just wear them around the house for about an hour and just walk around, bend your knees every now and then. After a good ride they should be broken in..
    District 34 #7

i wore mine everywhere around the house for about a week straight....... and i stretched them out as much as i could by bending them
    2006 CBR600RR Track Bike "6Hunny"

Originally posted by I-7
    Just wear them around the house for about an hour and just walk around, bend your knees every now and then. After a good ride they should be broken in..
    tahts what i did and they were broke in in less than a day
    2001 440ex
    rebuilding as the paychecks keep comming in...

Originally posted by kicken250x
    tonight when you take a shower dump soap allllllllll inside them and wear them in the shower, dry them out and walk around the house in them. do this for about a week then ride your *** off. thats what me and my buddies have always done with riding boots, new wake board bindings, hell even new shoes. best way ive found...next best thing...wear them...all the time...
    that will work for sure
    "Team Wapiti" Mathews Inc: Catch Us If You Can
    The cruelest lies are often told in silence
    2000 CR 250!
    2004 yfz 450 GYT-R every thing
    2 1999 AC 300 4bys
    pants_will not be permitted
    proper word's in proper places make the ture definition of a style

Originally posted by kicken250x
    lol! I could just imagine the look on my wife's face when I get out of the shower wearing my boots.
    -Tony

86 TRX250R
    ?? Arens 265R
    06 Evolution 9

well i have had my alpinestars for about 2 years now and i have broken buckles ridding so hard but i still dont think the damn things are broke in like they should be. but they have saved my ankles countless times!!!
    04 trx450r.
    www.trx450r.org
    Pulse Charger
    JE 13:1
    port/polish
    mxr4/Razr mx fronts
    HRC
    Tag Metals
    Spyder Grips
    AC
    Pro Design
    G-Force
    Houser Racing

If it's not raining too hard tomorrow, I'm going to take a little walk through the trails behind my house. Maybe I'll take the pruning shears with me and get rid of all those damn pricker bushes that scratch my arms all to hell.
    -Tony

86 TRX250R
    ?? Arens 265R
    06 Evolution 9