Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: should i beable to take a Z

should i beable to take a Z

should i be able to take a z with a 168 main jet k7N power lid white brother filter and a full lrd system and a rev box?i also have a i uess we decided a 402 .... cuz when ever i race my buddys z its all stock and it takes me by quite a bit
    2005 yfz 450 LE
    2005 yzf-r6 LE
    2005 Ford f-250 LE
    2004 kawasaki stx-r 1200 ski

i have a stock z400 and i beat my friends 416 ex with edelbrock carb, k&n,aluminum air box, pro circuit pipe, cam, high comp piston, custom axis shocks, lsr a arms +4 and swing arm, and every other thing u can add to a quad. btw he is a better rider too and we switched quads to see if it was the rider.
    (philadelphia) Bensalem, PA
    04 white z400
    some mods

some of the z's i have seen are fast others are slow. i have seen some get beat by just a piped 400ex. others i have seen run with 416's. the ones that ran with the built 400ex's only run with them top speed. thru the gears, the z's didn't have too much of a chance, but then again it wasn't blown away.

i think your buddies 416 is got a problem if it is that slow.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

I got a piped 400ex and the other stuff i got in my profile and i still cant keep up with a stock z400. I dont know but those things are damn fast for a 400.
    01 400ex.. Sparks 416 kit, FCR, Leager, LSR, Custom Axis

I've got a 416 with open aluminum airbox, UNI filter, FCR39mm, port polish, hotcam stg2, powerbomb header and HMF slip on, I raced a Z with a full alba system, I beat it down pretty well twice. I agree with some z's seem to have quite a bit of a power diffrences out of the factory... the trick is ya gotta keep trading in Z's till you find a good one .-darren
    I ride a 440ex-
    JE, Hotcam, Hinson, Barnett, HMF, FMF, Douglas, Maier, Elka, FCR, Lonestar Racing Ceet, Renthal..... buncha other crap that makes it fast and such.

THANKS TO-Fellow exriders' hook ups, Pappy's Performance Coatings

MSN- Darrenkaiser@hotmail.com
    Daredevil416ex@yahoo.com...

My 400EX has a hard time beating a stock Z400, and I have a 14t front sprocket, 18" rear tires and a slip-on pipe. I stay with it in a drag, maybe a little bit ahead...depends on how my start is, but in the end it's over. I switched with him and I am a lot faster on a Z. It's sad, and I hear some Z's are BARELY faster than a 400ex..and some other ones waste them. Strange that it seems like Suzuki made every other Z fast.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

Originally posted by LTZ400rider
    i have a stock z400 and i beat my friends 416 ex with edelbrock carb, k&n,aluminum air box, pro circuit pipe, cam, high comp piston, custom axis shocks, lsr a arms +4 and swing arm, and every other thing u can add to a quad. btw he is a better rider too and we switched quads to see if it was the rider.
    then your friend has a VERY poorly built 416. i had a 416 national engine..shocks...pipe..the works, with 15t front and a 36t rear...18' rear tires...and i blew the doors off of stock YFZ's...let alone stock z400's.

if your racing a stock z400, as long as your bike is running good wiht the proper jetting and a clean air filter, you should atleast be able to keep up with him.

and by the way...HP doesnt = speed...you can only go as fast as your gearing lets you

Its all hipe! When my 04 was stock I could beat them as much as they beat me. Holeshot won the race! Now, I have no problems with stock or piped Zs
    06 Raptor 700R
    HMF full exhaust
    Pro Flow K&N
    Dobeck TFI
    GYTR skid

I rode my friends stock Z and it was like ridn a sewing machine with wheels. Dont get me wrong, I would take a Z over over the older style ex any day. But stock power sucks on either one.
    426 EX---Edelbrock carb, White bros. exhaust, LSR carrier, burgard steering stem, burgard+1 A-arms, Derisi Triple rate Works, Denton stabilizer, FLY bars, DG nerfs, A/C skids, tinners air scoops, red powdercoat , NAC's graphics and ceet cover, shockwears, aluminum air box w/k&n, ITP Bahas, razors. TAG bumper, IMS kick ups.
    450R == SOLD : (
    eton 50 with nothin
    _____________________________DONT BUY FROM ACTION SPORTS VIDEOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i rode a z a few years ago. had to go to the can, and it had a key so i could leave it outside whilst i did my bidness. but it seemed slow.

but then again, i am used to riding on 2 wheels. this will be the first season on a quad, and its by far, not stock. so i guess it is preference, or some weird phenom at suzuki HQ
    >LAST MINUTE CREW<
    When it's down to the line, it's Last Minute time

2000 440ex cammed, e-series slip on, sand skate II's on douglas blue labels, unsure of all mods due to recent purchase of bike

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast