Thread: blaster needs help

blaster needs help

I am not sure what is wrong with my blaster 2004 I just died yesterday when I was riding. The engine was really hot but I had only been riding for like 20 minutes. The exhaust got a bit louder and then it quit running. It didn't sease up becasue it still kicks over I checked the plug and it lost some compression.

Any help would be nice.
    2004, Z400 curtis sparks header & pipe, jetted, K&N intake, A/C nerf bars, A/C bumper, hand guards

2005 YFZ450, white bros E-2 pipe, K&N intake, ESR CDI box, exhaust cam gear reset, A/C pro peg nerf bars, hand guards.

hmmmm, could poss be your rings, just a thought though
    my blaster quit like that once and it was the reed valve, might wanna check that too
    400ex lrd full system, hotcam stage 2, big gun high rev ignition, k & n a/f, no air box, beadlocks, nerf bars, msr handlebars, tether switch, lonestar + 4 axle, front wheel spacers, a/c front bumper, dragon graphics kit, lonestar bearing carrier, 18 inch rear tires, smaller front sprocket, also have a 2003 rincon stock, 02 gsxr 750, 1995 yamaha blaster, 06 kxf450

yeah, cheeck the reed valves and make sure they are still layin down flat, if they arent you need to replace, i had a RM250 that was constantly goin through reed valves, had to replace about every 3 rides, when the reeds go you lose a lot of power and if they arent seated right they can make you lose compression too.