Thread: D-I-Y Request

D-I-Y Request

Would be kool if someone would write up a Do It Yourself covering springtime greasing (Front and Back). I'm about due for it for the first time and would be so helpful if someone that has done it a few times wrote one up so I dont miss anything...
    Thanks

Grease the A-arm bushings/bolts first. Take the swingarm pivot bolt and make sure it isn't rusting anywhere. spray it with WD40 and clean it off, then put some grease on it. Before you reinstall the bolt grease the actual swingarm pivot bearings. I would also recomend greasing the linkage bearings.
    Mitch
    00' TRX400EX
    Wiseco 11:1 piston, Webcam, "custom" dented FMF powercore, Elka tripple rate front shocks w/cans, Laeger +2 A-arms, Elka revalved stock rear shock, Houser +1.25 Swingarm, RAD bearing carrier, RPM dominator axle, Gussetted stock frame, E-brake removed w/LSR block off, MSR aluminum bars, Shaved fenders, AC propeg nerfs, K&N air filter, headlights and taillight removed

My website, check it out

I need a D-I-Y on how to ride the darn thing without crashing...

after how many rides should u do this?

Once a year should do it, twice if you do a lot of wet riding.
    04 Camo Suzuki Vinson

are you talking about the D-I-Y network. if your are i've never seen quads on there before. i guess i'll have to start watching it more.
    00" 400EX
    Full Big Gun Exhaust 'Race', Dyno jet kit (stage 2), K&N air filter, Blue Maier plastic w/ Front Race cut gas tank cover, Nacs seat cover, AC front bumper (chrome), AC Propeg Nerf bars (Black nets), Renthal 'ATV Racer' Handlebars and ultra light 36 tooth rear sprocket, DG full body skid plates and DG a-arm skids, D.I.D 520 chain, Gunnar kill switch, Raptor Adjustable pull clutch lever and purch, ATV pro grips, (19/6/10 Holeshot MX tires, 18/11/8 Turf Tamers both mounted on Douglas Aluminum .190's,)some polished stuff, Removed snorkel and filter cover.

Originally posted by Punk13rym
    are you talking about the D-I-Y network. if your are i've never seen quads on there before. i guess i'll have to start watching it more.

D-I-Y = Do it yourself.
    Leo has some good info under the tech section. Was looking for someone to add one for Front and Back lube ..

you also need to make sure you use the correct lube or grease in the right places and the honda service anuual tells you all of that
    2002 400ex - white brothers slip-on, ac racing skid plate,ac racing mud screen bumper, moose swing arm plate, trailtech speedometer, renthal bars, acerbis handguards, ac nerf bars w/ heelguards, K&N airfilter & K&N jet kit