Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery

Question Battery

Has anyone ever charged the mofo?

How did it work?

Is there an aftermarket brand that makes one the exact size?

Service honda sells oem 400ex batteries for $45.00.

Thats all folks.

:square
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

Yes I had to charge mine after sitting all winter, I used a slow charge system that put out about 4amps. You can get one at Walmart for about $30, I think they called it a battery tender..
    Deathbringer
    (The Corporation)

2002 Yellow 400ex
    Armadillo Chrome Bumper
    WB E-series pipe
    WB Rev box
    Dyno Jet kit
    K&N filtering/moded airbox
    Chromed headers
    Lots of bling bling

My battery is so dead that I have to charge it all the time now. I rode my ex today and when it would idle the battery would go dead so fast it would stall. I think JabberJaw said that you could go to wally world and get a marine battery of the same size and they work better.
    06 LTR450

i have worked for a battery company for 12 years, what would you like to know?
    did not think of it before, but there is a higher amperage battery available that is the oem match. it will not be available until may 1st. i will try to get the specs.

Originally posted by EXATAK
    i have worked for a battery company for 12 years, what would you like to know?
    did not think of it before, but there is a higher amperage battery available that is the oem match. it will not be available until may 1st. i will try to get the specs.
    That would be awesome. Please let us know.
    '00 Budweiser 420SS, XR cam, JE 10.8:1 416 piston, FMF 4Q with Powerbong , AC Pro Pegs, skid & bumper, UniFilter, 6 airbox vents, 42 pilot; 165 main; clip 4 down, chokeless, stock fuel screw position (= 2 1/4 turns out), hydraulic clutch

sorry, i thought i brought home the specs from work, but it should give riders with higher compression a little more power to fire up their quads

That will be great. Maybe the 440 with 11:1 comp will fire up a little easier. But man i really need a new battery.
    06 LTR450

the new batteries are of agm technology(absorbed glass matt) i saw some pricing and they are exspensive!! motorcycle batteries are primarily designed for the street bike crowd and are not "built" for the demands of off road abuse.(i hate using that word about riding) anyway, they will come fully sealed and contain no battery acid(i.e. agm technology) no doubt we will sell loads of them, but i think the price will keep alot of riders from buying them
    IF YOU LIVE IN MINNISOTA, i can hook you up with a buddy who runs a battery company there,

Rockymountain ATV,,has some new fancy batteries,,for the 400ex,,but there like $75.

yep

I'm just gonna jam some duracells in the battery box, hook up some wires and be done with it.

Who knows, I may connect up one of the big f'n batteries with the 2 bolts on top. U know the kind u make a stupid f'n electromagnet out of with a nail.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast