Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Raced A TC 416EX

Raced A TC 416EX

Well I raced a TC 416 EX today with my cousins KTM200EXC. I had raced the guy b4 with my 400 and he dusted me pretty good so I knew this would not be an easy race. Let me tell you about the contestants first.
    1. 99 TC 416EX just about everything that can be done to the motor was done, the guy I was racing said the guy he bought it from said he 4k in the motor alone. Just to list a few things, lectron carb and he said yes it sucks, cam, pipe, lightened flywheel, valves, key, springs, etc, basically everything that can be done to the motor was done. He was running 14-40? gearing he said so he was geared real low.
    BTW other than rims and tires nothing else was done to this 400, no axle or anything.

2. 00 KTM 200EXC 2 stroke 6spd Stock except a 50 tooth sprocket on the rear, stock is 48, front is 14 I belive.

Riders
    Him- moderately well ridden 300EX for 4 years, I would say as good or better rider than me weighes about 180#s

Me- moderate rider I think I do ok on drags. I do usally get the holeshot on my 400 against faster vehicles. weigh 165 #s

Raced 3 times
    1st time to much throtle for me stood up he was ahead the whole way, I was catching him in the end but he did win by a quad length.
    2nd Race he had to much throttle I beat him by a bike length
    3rd time we both got off perfect and I found the trick, since I was relatively light I could short shift, If I went through the gears like normal he would pull me if I short shifted I would slowly pull ahead, ended up I barely one by my front tire being ahead, pretty much even.

Well now I know I want a TC 416. Any 4 stroke QUAD that can keep up with a 2 stroke dirtbike that is that quick is amzing. If he was running stock gearing he would most likely beat me.

Hope you liked this drag racing episode, if you didnt oh well no one made you read it, you read it b/c you were interested.

BTW on a track with my 400 I walk all over this guy.

1986 350R - Drag
    2004 450R - XC

Well...I'm glad that I'm not the only one that spent 4k or more on the motor alone...did you get a pipe yet?
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

Yep bought a T-4 and cut 6 inches off. Loud as crap I belive its louder than a TC No real power gains to speak of.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1986 350R - Drag
    2004 450R - XC

I got the same motor and all the same crap done to it and it flys. But I like the Lectron carb it brings the whole motor alive, the only complate I have about it is you have to take it off and clean it about every other race because its a flatside and sometimes it can stick if you don't clean it but other than that the carb is nice and I would not run anything else with my TC engine. All the componets on the TC engine are made to work all together thats how tom degisns it and he only uses the best.
    2007 Honda 450ER W/ White plastic- Houser Slicast Longtravel +2 A-arms, Axis Triple rate shocks w/ rezzy's, Houser +1 steering stem, Stremline steel braded brack lines front & rear, Nac's case saver, PEP steering dampner, Tag T2 chrome handlebars, Works connetion pro perch clutch lever, IMS/Roll powermadd handgaurds, Houser Graphics Kit, Houser #plate backgrounds, Douglas ultimate front w/ groved radials, Douglas ultimate beadlocks rear with Maxxis MX tires, Lonestar +2+2 Axle & anti fade lock nut, AC racing black line front bumber, AC racing black line nerfs w/ relocated pegs, AC racing rear grab bar powdercoated black, Pro design kill switch, Pro design pro flow kit w/ K&N filter & outerwears wrap, Honda CRF cam, Sparks full exhast, Quadtech hood scoop.

2007 Sponsors- Houser Racing, Nac's, K&K Racing, IMS-ROLL, Tag-Metals, Quadtech, Lonestar Racing, Outterwears.

I luv you Chris im so glad to hear something good about the Lectron!!! Chris if you dont mind me asking,,how much you got in that TC 416. i see this guy talking about $4000 in the motor and I know that must be BS. I called Tom up and told him i want the fastest EX in the world and the fastest he can make and he said either 490 or 505 and i said go ahead and do the 505! The complete 505 with absolutely everything you can do is running me $2800. How does that guy have 4k in a 416?????
    Speed is 95% rider and 5% bike, better make that 5% count!

2000 TC 505EX Complete TC Motor and everything else you can imagine and more!!

4k is a little much I think,,,,I believe chris29's motor was about $1,500 worth and yes it is a rocket ship,,I still wouldn't want the lectron,,but hands down the TC 416 rips tits...

Yeah I thought it sounded fishy too since a full Sparks 416 is around 3k. But that just what the previuos owner said. The guy I raced paid 5000 for it, its a 99 with all that motor work 2 sets of tires/rims several sets of plastic, well basically when he bought it it filled up fullsize truck. I still aint sure he got a real good deal. I wouild rather have suspension than motor.

1986 350R - Drag
    2004 450R - XC

$4000 is probably what he has in everything. Thats the only thing I could guess!!!
    Hey Rico,,,is Chris faster?????

Originally posted by ChadEXer

Hey Rico,,,is Chris faster?????
    yeah a little,,he's 11 years younger than me,,that's his only advatage....plus he's a turd.. and weighs about 60 lbs less than me..

So your saying he is faster but his bike isnt right

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast