Thread: cracked exhiast

cracked exhiast

i noticed a big crack on my lrd pipe right next to the bracket..any now the quad is starting to bog down......is ther ne way to fix this crack or do i need a new pipe
    http://community.webshots.com/user/cheezy400

2003 300ex(sold)
    1988 honda 250r
    motocross race porting,8" rear beak locks, turf tamer rear tires,front riken radial tireschrome LRD adjustable pipe, Keihin 38mm carb, answer RS-2 silencer, Laeger +2" a-arms,chrome tierods, Stainless steel brake lines,
    works front triple rate shocks,works ultracross rear shock,adjustable rear axle,anti-fade hub,LSR swingarm,propeg nerf bars,MMF front bumper, Laeger anti vibe steering stem protrax bar clamps, Pro taper bars,-shock covers, polished grab bar,

you can weld it, or have it welded, and that should fix your problem.

Originally posted by 87250rxrider
    you can weld it, or have it welded, and that should fix your problem.
    NO YOU CAN NOT unless you are veeeeerrrrrrrryyyy good with a TIG welder. You have to braze it. The metal is way too thin to try welding if you aren't reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyy good with a TIG.
    1985 Honda 250 Big Red
    1986 Honda 250R
    1999 Honda 450ES Foreman
    1999 400EX
    2001 Honda Rancher S 4X4
    2001 F250 Super Duty & a big @$$ trailer to haul all the toys from one riding location to another

PICTURES

wat about jb weld
    http://community.webshots.com/user/cheezy400

2003 300ex(sold)
    1988 honda 250r
    motocross race porting,8" rear beak locks, turf tamer rear tires,front riken radial tireschrome LRD adjustable pipe, Keihin 38mm carb, answer RS-2 silencer, Laeger +2" a-arms,chrome tierods, Stainless steel brake lines,
    works front triple rate shocks,works ultracross rear shock,adjustable rear axle,anti-fade hub,LSR swingarm,propeg nerf bars,MMF front bumper, Laeger anti vibe steering stem protrax bar clamps, Pro taper bars,-shock covers, polished grab bar,

You could make JB weld work as a temporary fix, but I doubt that it would last over a few hours of ride time.