Thread: please help my quad wont run right

please help my quad wont run right

my quad will idel fine but when im in first and give it gas it like chuges way down it wont do any thing the perfomance is poor. it does it more and less at times it does it some times in other gears. its not my glowplug i changed it it seemed to be fine could it be bad gas or dirt fuel filter, dirty air filter help please

Cleaning your air filter is a good start. Sounds to me like you have some blockage in your carb and it's getting starved for fuel. Check your jets and make sure there is no blockage and make sure that the float is not sticking.

BTW: What kind of quad is it? Have you done any work to it recently?
    2004 450R - 13:1 JE piston, HRC Cam, Yoshi full exhaust, ESR Intake, Hinson Clutch Basket, GT Thunder dual rate front revalves, Burgard +2+1 arms, GT Thunder rear linkage & rebuilt shock, G-Force +4 axle, W.E.R. Stabilizer, Tokyo Mods CDI, RAZR MX tires, Tusk nerfs, MSR bars, Tusk tether.
    2003 406EX - 10:1 Wiseco, HotCam Stg 3, Port & Polish, 450R 42mm carb, Stock shorty straight through exhaust, Powerbomb, K&N, FST cooler, Arens nerfs, Zaps CDI, 14T sprocket, VW Stabilizer, Magura Hydraulic clutch, Holeshot XC's(wifes)
    1990 Yamaha Blaster(sons)
    1986 Honda 200SX(daughers)
    2004 Tomahawk 110(sons)

its a 2000 400ex could it have to do with the elictical system because my ground wire to he batture broke it would start if i put it next to it i fixed it but maybey not good.

clean the air filter and change the spark plug.

do you have any mods done to the bike? also, take the carb off and clean teh heck out of it.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."