Thread: Can i get real performance from these products?

Can i get real performance from these products?

i have wondered about these products on ebay for some time now, and i do realize that everyone on ebay is all about selling "super duper" performance parts

i was just wondering if there is an advantage to either of these products and if they are worth it for there price

HI-PERF - Rectifier/Voltage Regulator Honda 400EX 440

SledSales.com CDI Box/Rev Limiter Honda 400EX 440EX 440

thanks for the input guys!

the CDI will give you about 2hp
    TT RACER
    #23 2003 400ex
    curtis sparks x-6
    Dynojet Jet Kit
    HotCam's Stage 1 Cam

Do a search for the voltage regulator. I posted a ton of information about how they work, and quite frankly, I don't feel like writing it all again.

Basically, you're not going to see a real gain out of the voltage regulator. The gain is so small you won't even notice it, and it only happens when when the battery is fully charged. When the battery isn't fully charged, no gains at all, not even theoretical gains.
    Duncan Racing 340PV, +2 A-arms, +4 LSR axle, and a host of other goodies.

Originally posted by 400ex men
    the CDI will give you about 2hp
    2HP!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you could get 2hp from a cdi everyone would have one. No they do not boost hp. And truthfully unless you have a built engine they are pointless. Why because your stock engine stop making power after about 7000 rpm after that you start losing horsepower. Therefore there is no reason to raise your rev limit to 10000 rpm. Because if you are riding the stock rev limit of 9000 rpm then you don't know how or when to shift. The ideal point to shift would be once your power start to fade which is just after 7000 rpm. A lot of those boxes advance timing. That causes your engine to have problems starting. The only way you can guarantee your engine will start is if the battery is fully charged. It is way more of a pain than it is worth. I have a fully built 440 that has more power than the majority of 440's on the market and I still don't have a rev box, i did use too though and I hated it being a pain in the a** to start. Plus I shift before 9000 rpm even with my built bike although i could take it to 10000, but my bike's power starts to fall off at 8000, i'm usually shifting between 8000 and 9000. So stay away from the rev box. They are pointless.
    2001 Duncan Racing National 440ex
    Power Cylinder 4000 12:1 JE
    web cam 463/9i, port & polish, 3 angle valve job, hardend rockers, titanium valve springs.
    Duncan Racing Fat Boy 4 Exhaust
    1mm oversized blackdiamond intake and exhaust valves
    15 point gusseted frame powder coated candy apple red
    Doug Eichner Signature Series Edelbrock Carb
    Procom CDI ignition
    Hinson Basket, Removable Side Case
    Sparks 8 plate clutch
    Custom graphics and seat cover
    Custom air intake with K&n Filter
    everything is polished and billet
    Roll Design chrome swing arm
    Elka dual rate ssd with LT linkage
    TCS ZPS, douglas ultimate billet beadlock wheels with Maxxis Razr's
    Roll +1.5" chrome anti vibe stem with Tag T-2 oversized bars cr hi bend
    Herrmann arms Trail Tech HID Lights w/ custom billet mount (for the dunes)
    Overized UM vented oil tank FST oil cooler kit and even more