Thread: trx 250r v.s. atc 250r

trx 250r v.s. atc 250r

my dads friend says that he beat a stock trx 250r with his stock atc 250r u guys belive that. is a three wheeler faster than a four wheeler.
    96 Dodge ram1500 ext cab
    5.2L Engine
    Dual exhaust
    deck & 2 10in subs

Quad

02 300ex yellow
    holeshot xcrs
    Renthals/heated grips

SLED
    99 XCR 440

It's just as powerful and lighter. If he can keep the front wheel down I beleive it. For a drag race anyways.
    Polaris Predator 500
    Polaris Magnum 425

the 85 and 86 atcs will win in drags. they have a lot less weight. and the same motor as the 86 trx

TRX vx. ATC

OH YEAH!!! The ATC is much faster than the TRX in a drag race. Coming from someone that has ridden both the atc is a wicked drag racer but the problem is keeping the front end down because you can even pull it up no problem in fifth or probably even sixth. Just haven't had the balls to try that in sixth yet!!!
    LONG LIVE THE 250R!!!!!!

AND YES IT IS STILL NO 1!!!!!

Tom

this is very true. My buddy use to toast me on his 85 atc all the time
    88 250R

ESR 310 w/ TRX 9 porting
    ESR TRX 5 pipe
    Delta V-Force reeds
    38mm A/S carb
    Laeger A-arms
    Laeger steering stem
    Lone Star axle
    Ohlins front shocks
    ITP Baja rims
    Holeshot MXR4's

Wanted: 88-89 250R frame
    Also: 85-86 ATC frame, triple
    tree, and front forks

Like everyone else said the ATC is much faster if the ATC and TRX both have similar mods.

For straight line drag racing I would take an 85 or 86 R over any other trike or any quad. Just lengthen that swinger by about a foot to keep the front end down, and hold on tight, cause they are wicked.
    1985 Honda 250 Big Red
    1986 Honda 250R
    1999 Honda 450ES Foreman
    1999 400EX
    2001 Honda Rancher S 4X4
    2001 F250 Super Duty & a big @$$ trailer to haul all the toys from one riding location to another

PICTURES

I dont know for sure, But from what i understand the ATC tranny was a little tighter pattern than the TRX, and if they both run the same motor, The ATC should win, just being lighter, IF THE front end will say on the ground, or real close to it!!!!!!!!! just my 1/2 cent
    05 Gt Thunder Trx490r
    WHITEHORSE RACING
    RISSLER EXTEREME ATV
    PRM, AXE racing, FASST bars, GPR, IMS-Roll, DID chains, HRC, JT sprockets, GT Thunder link, Hipers, Maxxis, Tire Balls, Custom Axis, LSR (stem,arms swinger carrier hubs), Axecalliber axil, QuadTech, T&T Racing, Spider, UNI, Pivot works, mxprographx,

WHITEHORSE RACING Trx416ex
    Razor 2's 23"-22"s,IMS tank,Galfer Steal Brake Lines,Denton Stabilizer,Herrmann +1 swingarm,Herrmann Racing Seat latch,Hotcams Stage one,Port and polish,Dynojets,Wesico,Tag Bars,PRM Bumper,PRM Skids,Rad carriers,Spyder grips,All Balls,LRD Exhaust,Green Frame,Stock Red Front Plastic,Gray Maier Rear Plastics ,Elkas Shocks Up Front,STocker Rear Shock,Blown elka rear in the shop!

Knox Racing 1987 trx250r (under construction)

you guys say the atc's are fast stock, mine has a 330 big bore, carb, pipe, reeds. mine is setup for mx, so there is a good bit of speed still in that motor if I put on 20" or 22" tires, changed the gearing. I use 14/38 gearing and it pulls in all gears with 18" tires. I use a stock swingarm and you can keep the front on the ground, if you sit all up on the gas tank, I also flipped around the tires(kenda claws) so they aren't like a V but /\, as it helps the trike turn better, speed and traction aren't much of a issue for me(got plenty of it now). I think with paddle tires I would need a extended swinger.
    85/86 atc 250r, very modded, lrd 310pv, +1 lsr, shortrack kit, cr250r igntion, 39 pwk, paul turner hi-rev pipe, propeg nerf bars, HREATV custom frame,
    86 atc200x- 84 250r exteneded axle, supertrapp pipe, 27mm carb, works rear shock, 84 250r front end(rebuilt w/ terry kit), 350x tripples, ported head, 12:1 piston, webcam,
    crf450r quad, lsr frame, swinger, antifade, hyper beadlocks and the best of everything else.
    88 trx 250r pced and reinforced frame, +3+0 t-pin, 310pv, cr ignition, 39 pwk, lsr rear end, elka shocks, aftermarket radiator, lrd pipe
    06 ktm450exc, full skid plate/guards, radiator fan, clarke tank, dual sport kit, reg/ins/insp, steering stabilzer
    98 200exc: street plated, skid/guards, dual sport lights, stabilizer and more.
    07 ktm 250xc, skids, reg/ins, dampener, good lights
    2011 atc450r in the works, suspension and details need to be worked out