Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I bought a Yamaha...

I bought a Yamaha...

I must confess, i just bought a 95 Warrior, got a heckuva deal on it too (which is why i bought it). But it has a DG pipe on it which i cant stand, does anyone have a reccomendation for a good pipe for a Warrior for mainly the best performance for the money? I would like a new head pipe too but cant spend a lot on it. But i dont want a piece of junk like i have know. Any help is appreciated.

P.S.- I already posed this question over at Bluetraxx, and they frankly seem as though they no idea about anything just this is better or that is because thats what they heard. I would like knowledgable opinions. Thanks

a white bros or fmf or supertrapp or pro circuit would be good. Congrats on the new bike. Hope you're happy with it.
    ~2001 Yellow 400ex, K&N filter with Pre-filter, POLISHED Supertrapp IDS2 silencer, 20" rear Holeshots tires, Braking brake pads, Black Shockers Shockcovers, Renthal 400ex bend bars w/ oury grips, Pro Design tether kill switch, JE 440 big bore 10.5-1 piston, Dyno Jet Stage 2 kit, Removed air box lid, Duncan Racing aluminum nerfs, AC Racing full chassis skid plate, Race cut plastic, AC Racing mudscreen bumper, and a 42 pilot jet and removed choke.
    *SOLD*

i would get a pro-circuit, because thats what i have and it gave me a good bottom to mid-range gain in power.
    2002 Cannondale Speed
    moto nerf bars, HMF exhaust, Pro-Taper bars, moto mapping, red headlight deletes, wave rotors, stainless steel shrouds, UNI airfilter, RPM axle, RPM billet locknut, Diamond racing LT +3 a-arms, 19" Elka Elite quad rate front shocks w/piggyback res, ACE airbox, Haydug's 250r Conversion w/ red Fullbore Plastic.

(Parted out) 2001 300ex/350x conversion
    DG alloy nerfbars, Pro-taper bars, T-4 slip-on, k&n airfilter and outerware, K&N jetkit, douglas .190 rims w/ turf tamers, cascade p/b block off, 400ex carb, Fastline SS brake lines, EBC brake pads, 400ex a-arms,TCS Dual-rate zero pre-load front shocks w/rezzies, razors on OMF beadlocks , 350x airboot, PEP clutch lever, duncan front bumper, 400ex Red FULLBORE plastic and Graves seat cover, Dura-blue 2+2 axle, Dura-Blue lock nut, shock mount re-locater.

I had FMFs on my banshee,looked good,awesome power.
    2002 400 EX Yellow(2 more hp than red)
    K&N filter w/outerwear
    Dynojet kit
    AC nerfbars
    14 tooth renthal
    146 main,stock pilot,screw out 3 turns-starts perfect with no choke.

No FEAR, No SHAME, No PROBLEMS
    Cam 2 runeth through my viens.

Past rides:73 Honda SL70, 19?? Honda ATC 90, 83 Honda XR80, 82 Yamaha YZ80, 84 Yamaha YZ80, 87 Yamaha YZ80, 85 Kawasaki KX125, 82 Yamaha YZ 250, 88 Yamaha Banshee(much bling bling),87 Yamaha Warrior(mistake)

one to many wacks with the hammer??,,,,(you know like in your advatar),,,,,,,,J/K,,,,,,,congrats on the new ride.

hmmm you bought a yamaha ... is that why your hitting yourself in the head? lol j/k :devil
    Buy a t-4 i hear they're awesome pipes.
    Or a Yoshi.
    2007 can am outlander 800

T-4's are very loud, but add a lot of bottom end (on the 400ex i rode with one anywho). I mean they are annoyingly, have-a-headache-at-the-end-of-the-day loud. I suggest a yoshi or a wb, but more yoshi.
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

Originally posted by RideRed04
    T-4's are very loud, but add a lot of bottom end (on the 400ex i rode with one anywho). I mean they are annoyingly, have-a-headache-at-the-end-of-the-day loud. I suggest a yoshi or a wb, but more yoshi.
    i like the sound of my t4......did the one you rode need repacking?

Chris, what bike have you got your T-4 on?? Did you notice any kind of power gain? And no thats not why im hitting myself in the head. Right now my warrior has a DG pipe on it, and it is LOUD but it doesnt add anything, i mean its just a waste. And the T-4 seemed to be about the least expensive pipe that actually added power. But if anyone has a better suggestion for an inexpensive pipe that makes more power, im all ears.

It was a brand new pipe on a 2002 400ex. I thought it was way too loud, and that has been backed up by people with readings of 100+ db. It had a nice sound, but after a while, it gave me a headache.
    -Jeff

"yeah! i know what you mean...i was what 5 and a half maybe it was Japan right before 3 times and I was still excited but thats ok it didnt hurt so we just spent the night later i'll finish the lawn dude" -JabberJaw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast