Thread: STILL unsolvable, STILL ongoing problem

Unhappy STILL unsolvable, STILL ongoing problem

WELL, I fixed the Accel. Pump problem on my fcr, and it still runs lean (I think) at about 1/6th throttle, I tried another new plug, and tried fattening everything up again just to make sure, still running baddly.yippi-darren
    I ride a 440ex-
    JE, Hotcam, Hinson, Barnett, HMF, FMF, Douglas, Maier, Elka, FCR, Lonestar Racing Ceet, Renthal..... buncha other crap that makes it fast and such.

THANKS TO-Fellow exriders' hook ups, Pappy's Performance Coatings

MSN- Darrenkaiser@hotmail.com
    Daredevil416ex@yahoo.com...

Damn dude, I'd say just say f' it to the carb and sell it. Go back to your stocker and have that bored out or something.
    Neal C. Tody - ntadej@hotmail.com
    -2005 SE Yamaha YFZ450 - Pro Design Pro-Flow Intake, Renthal YFZ Bend Handlebars, AC Bumper, AC Nerfs, Holeshot MX 20" fronts and 18" rears, +2 Burgard Standard A-arms, +4 G-Force Axle, front shocks with the DeRisi Racing Pro Millenium Kit valved for MX (Would never recommend to anyone).
    -2000 Banshee - Found. Damn meth heads even destroyed my brand new engine. They've still got my HiPers too, SOB.

i would honestly put the stock carb on and see that it runs ok with that. before we rebuild the whole carb it would be nice that we knew the carb is causing 100% of the problem.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

I sold my stocker for 75 bucks on ebay when I got the FCR, I think tomorrow I'll try getting another thing of carb cleaner, take it apart once more and try that whole thing again ... BTW I cant get my accel pump covor to stop leaking, it leaks just a tad(drip...drip...ect) I doubt if its the problem but I think of it as a fire hazard... theres no gasket suppose to be there right? I didnt have one there when I got it from Matt Smiley.thanks-darren
    I ride a 440ex-
    JE, Hotcam, Hinson, Barnett, HMF, FMF, Douglas, Maier, Elka, FCR, Lonestar Racing Ceet, Renthal..... buncha other crap that makes it fast and such.

THANKS TO-Fellow exriders' hook ups, Pappy's Performance Coatings

MSN- Darrenkaiser@hotmail.com
    Daredevil416ex@yahoo.com...

that leaking accel pump may cause you a problem. if that can't get and hold the proper amount of fuel, how can it shoot it? i would take that accel pump off and clean both surfaces perfectly and then try it out. i am not promising you this is it, but it makes sense to me. i can't remember if a gasket is supposed to be there or not.

what needle clip position you at?
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."