Thread: Choke Plate/ Rev Box?

Choke Plate/ Rev Box?

I am looking to extract a few more ponies out of the ol' 400. Does the WB rev box/ XR250 rev box make much difference in power and throttle response?

Also is it worth the time to remove the choke plate? If so, will I have to rejet. I am currently running a K&N filter w/outerwear, WB E-Series slip-on, LARGE hole in my airbox lid, 40pj ,158mj, and the clip lowered one notch on the pilot needle.

Thanks for your help.
    2000-440ex Stroker--Fan Cooled

Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Triple rates, Laegers +1 1/4 Swingarm, G-Force Axle w/Durablue Anti-Fade Locknut, 14/36 Gearing, DID X-Ring Chain, C&D Revalved Rear, Maier Silver Plastic, Steel Grey PCed Frame, SPAL Fan, AC Bumper, Pro Armour Footpeg Extensions, Renthal Bars, Yoshimura Full Exhaust, 450R Carb w/ZR's Adaptor, K&N w/o Lid, Powroll 440 Stroker w/stg 3 HC, P&P Head, HD rod, GT Thunder HD Studs, and Timing chain, AMR Monster Coil, 4 Degree Advance Key and a 12oz lighter flywheel. Now at 12.5:1 Compression!

450R Front brake upgrade using 06-up Spindles and 07' hubs.

450R Rear Brake Upgrade

Kenda Knarly XC Radial 21x11x9 Rear Tires

Shorai Lithium Iron Battery

Running E85--Jetting: 70 pilot, 240 main, HRC needle on bottom notch and shimmed.

you probly won't have to rejet for the plate cause you look good enough where your at and the xr250 box is the way to go