Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: i keep fouling my plug?

Originally posted by fast4Exr
    so you are saying that my jetting is to rich?

possibly, go down on the mj a size or 2 and see what happens from there. And like Rico said, stay off the choke brotha. As a matter of fact, just remove it, install a 42 pilot, go 2 1/2 turns out on the mixture screw, and your cold starting problems will be solved
    Nick Reid

Special Thanks Goes To C&D Racing!

best plug?

what is the best plug to use?

What I don't get is why people have to pump the throttle. My 400ex needs no throttle or pumping to start. Hit the starter, and it fires to life. My uncle has a 400ex that he slightly opens the throttle and it starts fine, but why do some people do that? Just wondering...
    I own a:
    Red 1999 400ex, Some mods, Filter, Skid plate, HMF pipe, etc.

Hell yeah I'm American! And I pay $3.30 for my gas... How much higher is it going to get???

Originally posted by plkmonster2
    What I don't get is why people have to pump the throttle. My 400ex needs no throttle or pumping to start. Hit the starter, and it fires to life. My uncle has a 400ex that he slightly opens the throttle and it starts fine, but why do some people do that? Just wondering...
    Us people that pump our throttle have the choke removed. Easier than fighting the stupid thing until it gets warm
    Nick Reid

Special Thanks Goes To C&D Racing!

Originally posted by hondarider2006
    possibly, go down on the mj a size or 2 and see what happens from there. And like Rico said, stay off the choke brotha. As a matter of fact, just remove it, install a 42 pilot, go 2 1/2 turns out on the mixture screw, and your cold starting problems will be solved
    That'd b my recomendation too.
    2002 Yellow Honda 416EX!

2002 Yellow 416EX mods:
    JE 10.8:1 416 kit, Hotcams stage 2, White Brothers E- Series slip on, 155 main jet and 42 pilot, no choke, Curtis Sparks air filter, No airbox lid, Ground welds on headpipe, Renthal bars w/ full diamond grips, White Brothers front bumper, PRM skid plate, and Black Shockwears.

Comming Attractions:
    Elka Triplerates, 39 FCR carb, Head port and polish.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12