Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My E-series broke!!

My E-series broke!!

Well, I have had my E-series on for about a month now and its already destroyed!! I hit a drainage ditch in 4th gear pinned and bottomed out my rear shock. When my suspension compressed it caused the pipe to crack all the way around the weld. Now my bike sounds like **** and feels like it has lost some power. Does WB have warranty against anything like this or am I screwed? BTW, my bike suspension is completely stock... Thanks,
    Justin
    Last edited by kaneman23; 04-08-2002 at 05:35 AM.

Call White Bros to find out whether or not it will be under warranty.

If it's not covered and your prominent with a welder, weld that sucker up. It's cheaper than a new pipe, or atleast it will get you by until you can afford a new one.
    2000-440ex Stroker--Fan Cooled

Houser +1 A-Arms, Elka Triple rates, Laegers +1 1/4 Swingarm, G-Force Axle w/Durablue Anti-Fade Locknut, 14/36 Gearing, DID X-Ring Chain, C&D Revalved Rear, Maier Silver Plastic, Steel Grey PCed Frame, SPAL Fan, AC Bumper, Pro Armour Footpeg Extensions, Renthal Bars, Yoshimura Full Exhaust, 450R Carb w/ZR's Adaptor, K&N w/o Lid, Powroll 440 Stroker w/stg 3 HC, P&P Head, HD rod, GT Thunder HD Studs, and Timing chain, AMR Monster Coil, 4 Degree Advance Key and a 12oz lighter flywheel. Now at 12.5:1 Compression!

450R Front brake upgrade using 06-up Spindles and 07' hubs.

450R Rear Brake Upgrade

Kenda Knarly XC Radial 21x11x9 Rear Tires

Shorai Lithium Iron Battery

Running E85--Jetting: 70 pilot, 240 main, HRC needle on bottom notch and shimmed.

WB won't cover it under warranty, unless you're really persuasive, they don't like breaks resulting from jumps, only manufacturing defects. my E-series broke at the weld too, mostly from the hard landings, I wire brushed all around the welds stuck it back together and rewelded it, it doesn't look quite as nice but it starts a lot better than it did with the silencer broke off, and it sounds better than no exhaust, cheaper than replacing it. If you decide to weld it make sure it is off your quad so you don't fry anything electrical, and make sure it is lined up right, I tacked mine and then put it back on to make sure it fit, then I welded it all the way around.
    00 400 EX
    White Brothers Slip on
    AC Racing Pro Peg Nerfs w/heel kicks
    Ricochet and Armadillo skids
    White Brothers Rev Box
    K&N filter/outerwear

Wink

My White Bros. E-Series broke also, i just cleaned up the break, and welded it back together.It doesn't look all that good, but it works and hey it beats buying a new one!!
    U.S. Army Military Police Corps..
    The force of Choice and Serving those who serve....

2002 416
    Black Maier Race cut plastic
    ASR +2 MX a-arms
    White Bros. Exhaust
    Elka Shocks
    Itp Beadlocks with turf tamers
    douglas red labels with holeshots
    lonestar axle
    dg nerfs
    ac front bumper
    tinner scoops
    ED'S ATV number plates
    many other goodies

Sold In late 2005.....Gone but not forgotten!!!!

Well, I am going to send it back to them and see if they will fix it or replace it under warranty. I wasn't jumping, I just went over a ditch and the suspension bottomed out. If they don't replace it I will go with the R4 or something similar. Thanks for the help...

Justin

They should replace it. One of my friends has broken 3...they replaced every one of 'em. He broke 2 on jumps and 1 on a wheelie in the sand...I think the quality of white brothers is going down the drain..
    (C) A HARD-ARSE PRODUCTION
    Hardarse Clan>Admin>Joo

YXZ1000R

LED Performance JRD Narrow Puma 434

this funny because mine broke too. How did you guys weld it. Did you use mig welder or a tig welder. What kind of welding wire did you use mild steel or stainless steel?
    '09 KTM 505sx black

'06 YFZ white
    Herrmann/elka, LSR, ITP, TAG, Hiper, Ac, Blingstar..........
    '04 yfz blue
    ITP, pro-circuit, gibson, gyt-r, LSR, Pro-tapers

2001 400ex #40
    Axis, Lonestar, Herrmann, Gibson, Quadtech, JE, Hotcam, ITP, Ronnies, KandK, Roll design

Ronnie's Mail Order
    www.ronnies.com
    ATV fury3 -FST-..walsh..
    ATV fury2-Sick0 number 40

Well on my friends Warrior at least, his e-series is aluminum, and for the best chance at a good looking weld, go for the tig machine, and i think aluminum tig wire is mostly 2011??

Well I can TIG mild steel, stainless steel, and ALUMUNUM. But I only have a mig welder set up with mild steel welding wire. The shell is alumunum but the pipes itself is stainless steel.
    What I would like to know is will the mild steel welding wire hold.:devil
    '09 KTM 505sx black

'06 YFZ white
    Herrmann/elka, LSR, ITP, TAG, Hiper, Ac, Blingstar..........
    '04 yfz blue
    ITP, pro-circuit, gibson, gyt-r, LSR, Pro-tapers

2001 400ex #40
    Axis, Lonestar, Herrmann, Gibson, Quadtech, JE, Hotcam, ITP, Ronnies, KandK, Roll design

Ronnie's Mail Order
    www.ronnies.com
    ATV fury3 -FST-..walsh..
    ATV fury2-Sick0 number 40

Alky,

I called and spoke with WB on the phone today about this issue and a gentleman in the customer service dept. told me to send it back to where I purchased it(Marcum's). Then he said they(WB) would have to look at it to determine if they will replace it or not. I then asked the guy why would I have to send it to Marcum's only to have them send it to you(WB)? He didn't give me an answer, so I told him I was going to send it to him(WB) directly to avoid confusion and delay, he didn't give a good response. He said "don't just send us the pipe we won't know who it belongs to and you will be out of a pipe". I was like you dumbass, I am going to mail you this thing with an explanation of why I am sending it along with my return address. So far their customer service dept hasn't been very good, strike 1. Hopefully they will make it up and send me a new one because I have only had the pipe on there a month and I am not a hardcore rider. If they don't make this right, I will boycott their products and tell everyone on this board that they are poor quality and have bad service. I have heard some bad but mostly good things about WB and this is the reason I purchased the pipe. If they don't make it right, I will..... :devil
    Last edited by kaneman23; 04-08-2002 at 05:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast