Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should I switch to a Twist Throttle?

Should I switch to a Twist Throttle?

What do you guys think about twist throttles? Are they worth it? What kind do you use and how much? I have a very sore forearm and thumb after todays ride.

Thanks
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO AND NO...THEY SUCK ON QUADS

I prefer the twist only on a two-wheeler, where it belongs. I'm more comfortable with the thumb throttle on my quad. I'd suggest trying somebody elses with a twist before you do it to yours. But surely there are others out there who prefer twist on both.

I have a Motion Pro twist throttle and love it. Yes, it did take some getting used to on the quad; but I would not go back to the thumb for recreational riding. My thumb is never sore and I can ride for hours.......JIM
    ?????-----------------------------mine

1999 KTM 65 SX/ #100/------son's

I put a motion pro twist throttle on mine as soon as I bought it, so I haven't had much experience with the thumb throttle. I have been riding a motorcycle for many years, so I think the twist throttle is the only way to go on a quad. I can see how your thumb would get pretty sore with a thumb throttle. Just be careful on your first few jumps with the twist throttle, if you're hanging on too tight and your right hand pulls back, you're in for a wild ride.

I had a twist on my old polaris sport 400,, and loved it,,but it was also an automatic and a 2 stroke,,,I think twists belong with 2 strokers for some reason,,but yes it does take some time to get used too,,,and like abomb said if you don't practice jumping a quad with a twist and just go for it you are defenitly in for a wild ride...

OK thanks alot.....I think that I may give one a try for a while. Are they easy to put on? And if I dont like it I can always go back to the thumb throttle, Right?
    C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

SOLD ---------- SOLD

2001 400ex, JE 416 10.8:1, Hotcams Stage 2 Cam, C&D Racing Port and Polish, Viton Valve seals, 39mm FCR Carb, Complete Curtis Sparks X-6 Exhuast, Sparks Timing Key, Magnum Rev Limiter, Sparks 8 Plate Clutch, Race Cut Fenders with CarbonFiber Hood with Scoop w/ mesh insert, Magura Hydrolic Clutch, Steel braided clutch line, Holeshots MX Rear on Red Labels, Holeshot MX Front on Red Labels, K&N Air Filter with Prefilter, ShockWears, AC Skid Plate, and Polished Propeg Nerfs, TAG X-5 Bars, Kill Switch, DR Blockoff Plate, OMF Radiator Shrouds, Elka Triple Rate SSD, Rear Elka Rebuild, +2 Houser a-arms (HammerTone and Chrome), Lonestar Axcaliber 2 + 2 axle, Polished Motor Mounts and Sidecase, DR number plates, PEP Steering Stabilizer.

C&D Racing, 308-696-7805

Very easy to put on and very easy to take off,,just make sure to adjust the throttle cable real good before taken off and hammerin down the trail...

Thumbs up I did it

I installed mine, and regretted it for about 2 weeks... Then I got used to it, and now, I am considering selling my thumb throttle assembly on EBay!

PHP Code:
    Twist throttle is the best thing since sliced bread
    Once you get used to it, you will never go back. It is perfectly safe on jumps, as long as you know how to use it.
    80 horsepower engines on 300 pound frames... Thats like having 2000 horsepower in your family car.

STOLEN: 1995 TRX300EX *Cobra JET Exhaust *K&N Air Filter *.040 overbore with high comp piston and Porting *Works Suspension *Sunstar 14/36 Aluminum Sprockets *Web Full-Race Cam, Valves, and Springs *AC Nerf Bars *DG Baja Swingarm plate *Renthal "RM bend" Handlebars *Motion Pro Twist Throttle *Scott Comp2 Grips *Ceet gripper seat cover *Hotwire Ignition Wires *Filtered Airbox Vents *20X10X9 Titan Fast Trekker Rear tires

if you watch any of the huvous movies you'll see the freestylers run thumb throttles

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast