Thread: new cam

new cam

hey im looking for a good cam for a 400ex....i mostly ride trails and around on roads but me and my friend are gonna be starting flat track next year so i want one for that mostly.....what would be a good cam for it, also im putting in a 11:1 piston....anything else i need to do when i do these things....also anything else i should do?

I would suggest TC MX grind cam for higher revs.A good port and polish job to help it breathe and a good pipe like a Sparks.Whatever cam you get make sure it is a drop in cam.There will be no need to get hard faced rockers and such.
    Big B

im thinking about getting it ported and polished but not till next winter like a year and a half from now bc i wont have the $ this winter and i dont wanna send it away right away.....anyone kno a good place to get it ported and polished where ill have it back asap i dont wanna wait months

the turn around time with GT Thunder is pretty good.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."

is there anything else i should get to help the cam?

cam, pistons, and gaskets is all you will need. other things like porting, lightening flywheel, carbs, etc will all help out over time but you don't need any of that right now.
    2005 450r

*sold* 2001 400ex

"If you think you can, you can. If you think you can't, your right."

"A leader will take you where you want to go. A great leader will not necessarily take you where you want to go but where you ought to be."

"If you want to do something, you will find a way; if you don't, you'll find and excuse!"

"Its not aptitude but attitude that determines your altitude."